Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    TV Addicted

Thumbs up Avov boxes won't update

I originally bought a avov fuse box but the issue was it didn't update, so i returned the box and got a tvonline plus instead got two boxes already but they still wont update i go to system info then update it just sits there like all the other boxes, just wondering if it is a problem a lot of people are facing and possibly how to fix it. i made a ticket on the their help desk and they just said " Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We are currently looking into this and we will provide an update shortly. Thank you for your patience. " and still have not received an update or anything like that.

Bought one over the weekend not updating neither.

none of you said what version your running or did the package installer work at the beginning cant read minds

1.0.4. It made updates on startup, but still the same version. Pressing system update doesn't do anything.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    what I have seen with avov receivers is that even if it takes the update, there are occasions that the version number does not change or changes but not to the version number expected.
    This seems to be a glitch. I have experienced this a few times. I did not know if the update actually took.
    So I investigated what the update was suppose to improve on and sure enough the avov had that improvement, so in fact the update did load but the number showing was incorrect.
    That one was an update that also brought a different menu screen onto the Fuse and so it was easy to see that it worked.
    I would not worry about the incorrect version number showing. If the Manual update options says there is no new update because your receiver is up to date, then that is what you would believe.

unless this is some other issue , as I see Ghost2k had sent it to avov ?
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 03-08-2016 at 02:02 PM.
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

The tvonline+ that i bought a month ago updated fine to 1.0.7. I see changes on the wallpapers and the setting menu.

The second tvonline+ bought over the weekend don't seem to have made any changes after the update which i believe the update didn't come through.

TV Addicted
    Mines stuck on version 1.0.5 and doesn't seem to be a glitch in the system. I talked to avov help desk they said there should be a fix either today or tommorow for it. So I guess we have to wait and see

I had the same issue and did a factory reset and behold it all updated with out any issues.
    My software has no bugs it develops random features.

yea a factory reset should work but have box plugged into the ethernet when it boots up a package installer should load if you dont get that it will never update that most of problem many have need to have that install first if wireless will update the package installer after you connect to box

TV Addicted
    I've done the factory reset thing multiple time with multiple boxes always have the ethernet plugged in it just loads the 1.0.5 version and doesn't go beyond that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast