Probation

Minix u1 wifi antenna

Hi Everyone: This may seem like an odd question but read on and you should get my problem. I work in and office where I am behind 4 very thick fire walls. I have internet access on my company computer, but they have it so locked down that other then company business, you really can't use it. On the other side for the fire wall there is a very strong free WI-FI hot spot. Now because its a free hot spot and has a sign in page I can't connect to it with a WRT54G router, and use it as an extender. I have a Minix U1 Android box which I use at home which has a screw on antenna for the WI-FI, and was wondering if there is a way to build an extension cable that I can screw on to the minix box and then run the cable out through the door and then screw the antenna on in the other room. It would have to be about a 40 foot run of cable. Will it pick up the WI-FI signal and transmit it back to the box so I can get wi-fi. If so what type of cable/wire should I be looking for thanks for you time.

Warrior Member
    Well i know of no cord for that but this might work
    Code:
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/COMFAST-Wireless-Repeater-300M-Network-Router-WiFi-Signal-Range-Extender-802-11n-/161759165605?hash=item25a998fca5:g:nUIAAOSw3ydV4XnM

you would get way too much loss with that length of cable.... you can extend stuff but anymore then 6ft there is just too much loss to make it worth while..... I am not sure if the minix u1 has a removable antenna I know my neo x6 does not... but even then wouldnt work... I would try a repeater