Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    get active

AVOV Vixo 2 - Stalker - connects to server, most connect with freezing issues

I'm not sure as to what is going on but it appears the servers are online, I do connect to them although freezing continues to be a problem with the servers or the internet service they are connected to ?? I should add, I'm using a new Docis 3.0 modem with a new high end router configured with the AVOV Vixo 2 with a high quality of service, (qos). So, my guess is the freezing issue relates to too much demand on the available servers or the internet service they are connected to. Hard to be certain as to where the problem is although the freezing is minimal during early, early hours of the morning, after 2 am

pot?
    The freezing may have nothing to do with the service at all, if the majority of the people using the servers are not having any issues then it can be a number of things that have nothing to do with the servers. Just because you have a new router has no bearing on anything. Read through this post I found on another site and you will see where the issues can happen and it has absolutely nothing to do with the servers having to much demand...

Here is a c/p from another site that explains the buffering situation.. As some of us are not experiencing the issue all the time:

What you have described is very typical of ISP capacity problems. This has been a major problem in my area where the ISP's lack either the total available bandwidth to cover its commitment or they lack the infrastructure to distribute bandwidth at full capacity. I've had people paying for 30mbps that at peak times would get less then 1mbps.

If you can prove your ISP is incapable of providing an acceptable service through logging speed tests over time you should report it to your local authority that is responsible for the regulation of ISP's. Then you should report to your ISP that you have reported them to the authority

That is xx mbps from your ISP to you but what happens between your ISP and the server? That is probably where the freezing comes from. Do a tracert and you will see where the freezing is from

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Had to get the Vixo2 on the front line to check. Do not see any freezing with this vixo2 now, checked a few channels.
    Had the Fuse online earlier and experienced no freeze.
    These receivers stay on-line all day and all night, every day. There is no freezing I see during any hours.
    Had a couple disconnection issues in the last few weeks, but never see freezing
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Quote Originally Posted by pod77 View Post
    The freezing may have nothing to do with the service at all, if the majority of the people using the servers are not having any issues then it can be a number of things that have nothing to do with the servers. Just because you have a new router has no bearing on anything. Read through this post I found on another site and you will see where the issues can happen and it has absolutely nothing to do with the servers having to much demand...

Here is a c/p from another site that explains the buffering situation.. As some of us are not experiencing the issue all the time:

What you have described is very typical of ISP capacity problems. This has been a major problem in my area where the ISP's lack either the total available bandwidth to cover its commitment or they lack the infrastructure to distribute bandwidth at full capacity. I've had people paying for 30mbps that at peak times would get less then 1mbps.

If you can prove your ISP is incapable of providing an acceptable service through logging speed tests over time you should report it to your local authority that is responsible for the regulation of ISP's. Then you should report to your ISP that you have reported them to the authority

That is xx mbps from your ISP to you but what happens between your ISP and the server? That is probably where the freezing comes from. Do a tracert and you will see where the freezing is from
    POD77 is correct my neighbor had freezing all the time we change out his router to a newer Cisco rout but he still had freezing so we finally upgraded his cable modem lol he had docsis 1.1 moved him to 3.0 and behold freezing stopped. I would deffinitly check your hardware then take it to the ISP after that just my 2 cents. I have been running freeze free for a while with the exception of a few down channels service has been solid..
    My software has no bugs it develops random features.

Junoir Member
    I have a avov vixo 2 with iptvpriveserver and can't connect the last 4 days 320 days left and has another server that is working ok
    can some body help?????

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelsantos View Post
    I have a avov vixo 2 with iptvpriveserver and can't connect the last 4 days 320 days left and has another server that is working ok
    can some body help?????
    what is being used as the server URL ?
    Did you check to ensure the MAC is still correctly linked ?
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

must be the mac address or url is wrong working great here oh and make sure the memory is not full

Junoir Member
    url its 11.iptvprivateserver.tv and the mac is correct

thans for anny help

Same here my speed is 30mbps and it still freezes im using avov 2

Warrior Member
    Damn my vixo 2 work great. Its usually the box i watch at nights.
    At present i have the original avov box on...had to change out the power cord it came with though...i use a old router adapter for it lol. Works a ton better with that old adapter than the one it came with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast