Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junoir Member

Kodi 16 - Stalker Client, authentication failed

Due to the 'failing to load dll' problem using stalker client nfps I can no longer use it. I'm now trying to use the stalker client 1.0.3 as recommended in some of the tutorials and peoples responses to the stalker client nfps issue.

I'm using an Amazon Fire stick
    Kodi Jarvis 16
    Stalker Client 1.0.3
    Rocket donation

My problem is that when I go to the TV selection and click enable to enable the pvr client it comes back with the response of 'stalker client authentication failed, retrying'. I have no over pvr clients enabled.

I have set the stalker client as follows

General
    Active portal: 1
    Connection timeout: 60

Portal 1
    Mac: 00:1A:78: (remaining xx:xx:xx appropriate to the Mac)
    Server address: http://portal.iptvrocket.tv/stalker_portal/c/index.html
    Time zone: Europe/Kiev

Login: rocket donation number
    Password: rocket donation number

Preference: prefer xmltv
    Cache guide data: On
    Cache time: 24

Scope: remote irk
    Remote url: special:/userdata/pvr.stalker/epg_xmltv

Token: I've used a 4 digit number
    Serial: used a unique 13 character serial made up of 12 numbers a letter
    Device Id: 12 letters then a number
    Device ID 2: I have left empty
    Signature: unique 9 characters of numbers and letters.

I have tried resetting my MAC address and numerous attempts at changing the Mac on papiao.is and inputtong the new Mac in the pvr client settings but have yet to have any success. There is clearly something basic I'am missing but I'm struggling to see it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Did your firestick recently update? Did you get a new screen that you had to click got it to get into main menu of firestick?

Junoir Member
    I believe there was an update of the fire stick firmware which coincided with the stalker client nfps failing shortly there after which is why I was hoping using the built in stalker client would avoid this issue.

not a member
    Quote Originally Posted by charp9710 View Post
    Due to the 'failing to load dll' problem using stalker client nfps I can no longer use it. I'm now trying to use the stalker client 1.0.3 as recommended in some of the tutorials and peoples responses to the stalker client nfps issue.

I'm using an Amazon Fire stick
    Kodi Jarvis 16
    Stalker Client 1.0.3
    Rocket donation

My problem is that when I go to the TV selection and click enable to enable the pvr client it comes back with the response of 'stalker client authentication failed, retrying'. I have no over pvr clients enabled.

I have set the stalker client as follows

General
    Active portal: 1
    Connection timeout: 60

Portal 1
    Mac: 00:1A:78: (remaining xx:xx:xx appropriate to the Mac)
    Server address: http://portal.iptvrocket.tv/stalker_portal/c/index.html
    Time zone: Europe/Kiev

Login: rocket donation number
    Password: rocket donation number

Preference: prefer xmltv
    Cache guide data: On
    Cache time: 24

Scope: remote irk
    Remote url: special:/userdata/pvr.stalker/epg_xmltv

Token: I've used a 4 digit number
    Serial: used a unique 13 character serial made up of 12 numbers a letter
    Device Id: 12 letters then a number
    Device ID 2: I have left empty
    Signature: unique 9 characters of numbers and letters.

I have tried resetting my MAC address and numerous attempts at changing the Mac on papiao.is and inputtong the new Mac in the pvr client settings but have yet to have any success. There is clearly something basic I'am missing but I'm struggling to see it. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Your server address is wrong, get rid of the index.html

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    Your server address is wrong, get rid of the index.html
    That's not the issue. The PVR works with that server address.

For the OP, see the steps suggested in this sticked thread.

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?9...Authentication

The Firestick, for various reasons, requires some patience to get going for some. It doesn't have a lot of memory or processing power, and Amazon customizes the android where file access doesn't always work...Amazon doesn't want you to run their devices like a generic android device, and make it hard to 'root' properly Besides doing the Clear data, you may have remove certain files from the database folder, minimize or remove running apps on the firestick, etc.

Based on the settings, I know that you won't get the ********** guide, but that's secondary. You shouldn't fill in the Token(it has never been recommended, and is not used in authentication), and device id2 and signature are optional.

Junoir Member
    Ok I'll keep the server address as it was with index.html on the end. I understand some patience is always needed with these things and I've spent quite a bit of time and effort trying to get the service working once again over there past week or so.

Thanks for posting the thread, I have previously used this thread and others in order to get the stalker client working and I have tried a multiple combinations with the token, device id 2 and signature fields filled and empty.

As it stands I've removed the contents of optional fields in order to make the setup as straight forward as possible so I have no content in fields:
    Token
    device id 2
    Signature

I have tried to follow the linked guide again including selecting a new Mac and resetting the iptv and trying to enable the pvr sevice. I'm still having the 'authentication failed retrying' is it still possible to use the Amazon Fire stick and Kodi and is there a known process to get this working as Im running out of options now it seems?

Increase your Connection Timeout to 120.
    Go into settings/TV disable then clear data. Re-Enable and will attempt to reconnect.
    Server maintenance is causing slow connection handshaking, which is causing connection timeouts.

Similar problem to me. I have a fire TV stick and worked for weeks but suddenly stopped working giving your error exactly the same. I have Kodi 16 and the EPG plugin installed, like I mentioned before was working perfect but today is not working I have same error "stalker client authentication failed, retrying" I did not touch anything in the configuration because is ok but I had no troubles before but today is not working any ideas what could happen?

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    Increase your Connection Timeout to 120.
    Go into settings/TV disable then clear data. Re-Enable and will attempt to reconnect.
    Server maintenance is causing slow connection handshaking, which is causing connection timeouts.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried increasing the timeout as suggested after disabling the TV and clearing data, followed by re-enabling TV although still suffering with the same trouble despite trying this process numerous times

Fire From Within

Someone recommends using Kodi 15.2 instead of 16 on amazon boxes. Sounds drastic, but that might be something to try.

BTW, I have a Fire tablet that works fine with Kodi 16, but its rooted and has a different rom.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast