Register

Revive Old, outdated Mac/PC computers with Remix OS and run Stalker/Kodi 16

Get REmix OS from
    Code:
    http://www.jide.com/en/remixos-for-pc
    burn it or install to a thumb drive (google or check their website for instructions on that)

To install Remix directly to HDD of an old machine, boot it on target machine and at the Guest/REsident mode selection screen hit tab
    then change the line to say
    Code:
    /kernel initrd=/initrd.img root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64 INSTALL=1 DEBUG=
    and hit enter, then follow the prompts on screen (if using a mac you will need to plug in a PC keyboard to get through the setup app, this can be unplugged once installed)

In the last step of install make sure you make the data drive as big as possible, seems 2048 is the limit.. would be good to know how to make that bigger..

once instaled simply boot the machine, it now runs android. and you can install the latest kodi APK for x86 and set up all your plugins, including stalker..
    Tried it, works great
    I have already converted old unused imacs into TV's for the kids rooms with this..

Nascar Pool Diecast Winner
    I wonder if it will work on my celeron450?

Vic20 work ?

Nascar Pool Diecast Winner
    I'll have to go up in the attic and get my Tandy 1000. I should be ok as long as I can fit the OS on a 5-1/4" floppy...

lol.. needs to be a 64 bit capable intel based machine (there is a 32bit version now too actually) .. but it works great.. i had a bunch of old useless imacs that could only run osx 10.6.8 and kodi 14, they couldnt even run a current version of chrome.. video was choppy, the looked like crap running kodi..

now they are like brand new machines, run any app out there, kodi 16, 17.. and they are fast as hell on old garbage hardware...... i now have a "tv" in each of the kids room, the jacuzzi room, the kitchen, and it all cost me nothing, saved me a trip to the recycler actually..
    Last edited by psycon; 03-04-2016 at 05:04 AM.