Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Is there a fix for the loading circle of death on Kodi?

Hey all,

I am using Kodi 16 with Stalker Client NFPS v1.0.3 and it works great until I click on a channel that isn't working.
    Despite setting the timeout to 5 seconds, the 'working' or 'loading' circle will go on for minutes before timing out so that I can select another channel.

Is there a fix for this that anyone is aware of? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by georob View Post
    Hey all,

I am using Kodi 16 with Stalker Client NFPS v1.0.3 and it works great until I click on a channel that isn't working.
    Despite setting the timeout to 5 seconds, the 'working' or 'loading' circle will go on for minutes before timing out so that I can select another channel.

Is there a fix for this that anyone is aware of? Thanks.
    I just hit 'x' and this causes the circle to stop faster. I'm hoping there is a more automatic way to take care of this though.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by calimansi View Post
    I just hit 'x' and this causes the circle to stop faster. I'm hoping there is a more automatic way to take care of this though.

Thanks.
    Hey, thanks for the tip on pressing 'x' to cancel the loading. I wasn't aware of that shortcut, it definitely helps.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calimansi View Post

Thanks.
    That's a good tip......but what does one do when using an Android box without a keyboard? This "working" can go on for a whole night if you allow it !!!!!!

pot?
    I have an android box as well as a pc and I would spend the extra money and get a wireless keyboard. They are inexpensive and it's handy to have, especially for things like this.

TV Addicted
    on my android minix, I go back to setting, turn the internet connection off/on, go back into kodi, all good.

Junoir Member
    I'm in the same boat. Very frustrating using the remote for my MXIII android box. I know using a keyboard, the 'x' key will kill the
    'Working' circle when choosing a channel that isn't working but can't figure out what to press using a remote. There is no stop button but a back button which doesn't do anything. I tried all the buttons on the remote but nothing seems to work. I have to wait 80 seconds before the 'Working' circle stops and then I can choose a different channel.I also have a Logitech harmony 650 but not sure how I can assign an
    'x' key to it to act like a keyboard to cancel the 80 second waiting period.

tux tux tux
    on a remote press stop. stop equals x equals stop.
    “there is nothing wrong with being insane, as long as you know it yourself.”

TV Addicted
    this is a must top 20 tips for running kodi and using shortcut keys everyone should know.
    1. Toggle between Full-screen and Windowed Mode

Shortcut Key: \

Kodi opens in full screen mode by default. By using this keyboard shortcut, one can easily toggle from full screen to windowed mode. This will allow the user to access other software/apps simultaneously while using Kodi.

2. Audio delay control

Shortcut Key: A

Sometimes audio and video of a particular video doesn’t sync well. In such cases, you can use this keyboard command to adjust audio delay, so that it syncs well with the video.
    3. Fast forward

Shortcut Key: F

If you want to skip a particular part of a movie or a music video, simply press ‘F’ key. If you press once, the video will fast forward at 2x pace; if you press it twice, the video will fast forward at 4x pace and so on.

4. Play

Shortcut Key: P

Pressing ‘P’ will start the video.
    5. Stop

Shortcut Key: X

To stop a particular video, just press ‘X’ key.
    6. Rewind

Shortcut Key: R

If you love a particular scene of a movie or a music video, simply press ‘R’ key to rewind back. If you press once, the video will rewind at 2x pace; if you press it twice, the video will rewind at 4x pace and so on.

Alternatively, you can use the left arrow key to rewind the video 3o seconds.
    7. Toggle Subtitles On/Off

Shortcut Key: T

If you want to turn subtitles on/off for a movie or a video, just press ‘T’. However, Subtitles settings must be properly configured before trying this shortcut.
    8. Previous Menu or Home Screen

Shortcut Key: Esc

If you want to go back to a previous menu or want to go back to the home screen, just press ‘Esc’ key. It will save you from multiple clicks.
    9. Take A Screenshot

Shortcut Key: Ctrl + S or Prt Sc

If you want to take screenshot of what’s playing on your Kodi media center, just press ‘Ctrl+S’. Once you press it, a dialog box will ask you for preferred location for saving that screenshot.

Or an alternate way of taking screenshot is to hit ‘PrtSc’. The screenshot will be saved to clipboard which you can retrieve by opening ‘Paint’ and pressing ‘Ctrl+V’.

If you wish to take print out of the screenshot, you can easily do so since it is available in ready to use printable format.
    10. Volume Down, Volume Up or Mute

Shortcut Key: – (minus), + Plus

For decreasing volume of a video, just press ‘-‘ key and for increasing the volume, press ‘+’ key. You will have to press a particular key multiple times to change the volume to a required level.

If you want to mute a video completely, press ‘-‘ key multiple times so that the volume becomes zero.
    11. Shut down Menu

Shortcut Key: S

For quickly getting yourself out of the system, just press the ‘S’ key. It will give you an option for exiting Kodi with just one click. Also, it has the option to directly shut down/hibernate your system. This helps you save a lot of time when you are in hurry.
    12. Pause / Play

Shortcut Key: Space bar

For playing/pausing a particular video, all you have to do is to hit ‘space’ bar. It’s the same keyboard shortcut that we have for VLC and YouTube.
    13. Zoom / Aspect Ratio

Shortcut Key: Z

If you wish to adjust the aspect ratio of a video according to its resolution, just press the ‘Z’ key. Every time you press the key, the video will adjust to a different resolution such as (320 x 240), (1024 x 768), etc. Choose the one with better clarity.
    Kodi Shortcuts For Pictures
    14. Zoom Picture From Level 1 to level 9

Shortcut Key: 1-9

Pressing numerical keys from 1-9 will zoom the images in increasing order.
    15. Next Picture

Shortcut Key: . period

You can browse through images without having to use your cursor. Just press ‘.’ key and you can scroll to the next image.
    16. Previous Picture

Shortcut Key: , comma

For viewing the previous image, just press ‘,’.
    17. Zoom In

Shortcut Key: + plus

Another way to Zoom a picture is by pressing the ‘+’ key
    18. Zoom Out

Shortcut Key: – minus

Similary, one can use ‘-‘ key to zoom out a photograph.
    Platform Specific Keyboard Shortcuts
    19. For Windows

Shortcut Key: Windows Key

If you wish to access an option on your system, outside of Kodi but without having to exit it. Just press the Windows key and you are good.
    20. For Mac

Some helpful Kodi keyboard shortcuts for Mac users.

⌘ Cmd+Q to quit
    ⌘ Cmd+H and ⌘ Cmd+M to hide/minimize to the dock
    ⌘ Cmd+F to toggle fullscreen
    ⌘ Cmd+S to take a screen shot

Junoir Member
    Thanks but if not using a keyboard, any other way using the remote control that came with the android box or a Harmony 650 remote. As mentioned earlier, there is no stop button, just a 'back' and 'clear' button on the MXIII remote but just hear the swosh sound but the 'Working' looping circle doesn't time out for 80 secs. I have a 'stop' button on the Harmony remote but it doesn't do anything as I believe it just utilizes the programmed buttons from the MXIII remote.

I have programmed a Harmony Remote 650 to use instead of my MXIII remote but not sure how I can program an 'x' keyboard keystroke or a 'stop' button to it to cancel non working streams as it programs/copies the remote buttons from the MXIII remote which doesn't have a stop or letter x button.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast