TV Addicted

2nd Avov Vixo 2 Ad I am having same problem randomly powers off the green DVI lites

I have gotten my first vixo 2 sent in they sent me a new one this one is doing same thing After a while it shuts off no image and a green dvi 1 led flashes after 5 seconds. blue light then green unplugging power from the back of stb fixes iy I think The first one went bad from to were it wouldn't work at all now this 2 nd one is always shutting.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallsofsound View Post
    I have gotten my first vixo 2 sent in they sent me a new one this one is doing same thing After a while it shuts off no image and a green dvi 1 led flashes after 5 seconds. blue light then green unplugging power from the back of stb fixes iy I think The first one went bad from to were it wouldn't work at all now this 2 nd one is always shutting.
    why are you telling us ?
    Did you post them a ticket at avov.tv site ??
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Avov has wonderful support https://help.avov.tv/portal/newticket
    i had a vixo 2 that would not power up and they replaced it for me

also try
    Manual Factory Data Reset.
    1) Make sure the box is connected to the TV by HDMI or RCA
    2) Make sure the power is plugged out of the box
    3) Push and hold the reset button with the pin for 10 seconds
    4) Continue to hold it down and plug the power into the box
    5) Hold the reset button for at least another 5 seconds and then let go
    6) Proceed to wait for a bit while the box resets, it should open up again in console mode
    7) Select the factory data reset option
    8) The box will perform a factory data reset and reboot
    9) It should then boot normally and start working. If it boots into the console mode again, make sure to just select perform normal boot up (I believe it is the first option)
    Two of the greatest qualities
    to have in live are:

PATIENCE
    and
    WISDOM

dvi 1 and 2 is to plug other boxes in

get active
    I had my Vixo 2 shut down after a few hours of working, black screen, no response. I disconnected the power, popped the lid, ( voided the warranty), but it gets too warm inside with vents being in the bottom, no fan an no heat ports out of the top. The Vixo 2 now sits with the top off inside a vented box with a fan installed. the only access is the rear ports and a small opening to allow the infrared remote signals to pass through. I don't think they thought things through when they designed the enclosure as it looks cools but functions poorly when it comes to ventilation and heat issues.

P.S. I have run this box for more than 12 hours straight, no shut downs, no heat issues and no heat related problems which might include lost audio. I don't recommend everyone do this as it will void your warranty but I made my choice and I leave your choices to you. I should add that I have the ethernet hardwired and no longer use the wireless as the fan may affect it, may not, I simply don't know, don't care.
    Last edited by Deadwood; 03-03-2016 at 06:24 AM.

Junoir Member
    Have this problem all the time, I find while it's doing this try rolling the cable back and forth a little bit, I have also had two new A/C adapters.

TV Addicted
    That is what i am leaning towards A bad ac power supply, They replaced my first box as it finally quit working after unplugging and replugging the hdmi a million times I have found I don't even need to unplug the hdmi only the ac. And from the box if i unplug it from the wall it doesn't reboot I also got the same remote and power supply back that is why I am looking into both of your ideas. ne cooling the box down and getting a new transformer /ac adapter. will let you know I am surprised more people are not having this issue I have 2 vixo 2,s and both do it. I have read some body leaves it on all the time in a warm room with no problems I still love this box and will fix it. And what happened to Mickyhop mart??

get active
    That is what i am leaning towards A bad ac power supply, They replaced my first box as it finally quit working after unplugging and replugging the hdmi a million times I have found I don't even need to unplug the hdmi only the ac. And from the box if i unplug it from the wall it doesn't reboot I also got the same remote and power supply back that is why I am looking into both of your ideas. ne cooling the box down and getting a new transformer /ac adapter. will let you know I am surprised more people are not having this issue I have 2 vixo 2,s and both do it. I have read some body leaves it on all the time in a warm room with no problems I still love this box and will fix it. And what happened to Mickyhop mart??
    All I can say is I haven't had any problem with the AC adapter at all and haven't had the shut down problem reoccur after eliminating the lid and reinstalling the entire box into a separate, fan assisted ventilated box. I believe the thermal problem begins whenever insufficient ventilation coupled by several hours of use but whatever the reason or the cause, it no longer shuts down.