Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tv Shows

Pinball Wizard
    My bad I meant previews!!

Doh you got me!
    My software has no bugs it develops random features.

House of Lies (2012_)

Genre: Comedy, Drama
    Actors: Don Cheadle, Kristen Bell, Ben Schwartz

Plot : A subversive, scathing look at a self-loathing management consultant from a top-tier firm. Marty, a highly successful, cutthroat consultant is never above using any means (or anyone) necessary to get his clients the information they want.

My take: House Of Lies is a fun, refreshing, TV series that delivers. I started watching the 1st season when it first aired. The writing is smart, silly, serious and comedic and the actors do a really great job, really good casting. Showtime seems to have the some of the best T.V. Shows on premium cable. I'm looking forward to watching the 5th season and seeing what fun drama Marty Kann and his team get themselves into and how they talk themselves out it and still seal the deal LOL. I love how Marty, Monica and the rest of their family and friends love and respect their son Roscoe's life choice even though they may not agree with it. Over all House Of Lies is a smart well written and acted TV show.

Pinball Wizard
    I like house of lies, the wife thinks is too raunchy but i find it funny!!

Yeah it definitely one that in my top 10. I love how witty the show was written. All the character cracks me up with there little quirks! Plus Kristen Bell is super easy on the eyes!

The Shannara Chronicles (2016_)

Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Actors: Austin Butler, Ivana Baquero, Manu Bennett

Plot : An Elvish tree, known as the Ellcrys, is dying. The bad news is that the tree has been the only piece of magic that protects the Four Lands from the Demon World. Amberle Elessedil is the only one who can save the tree. But she has to unlock magic that the Elves haven't used in thousands of years. With the help of Wil Ohmsford, she travels to find the lost magic. But it won't be an easy task

My take: As someone who has no read any of books the Shannara series, I can say I was pleasantly surprised with this series.

The Good: The Shannara Chronicles is full of spectacle. The sets are detailed and immense, the characters are intriguing, and the CGI is magnificent without being overbearing. The two standouts for me are Allanon and the Dagda Mor. Manu Bennett conveys just the right amount of power and mystery. The Dagda Mor could be one of the coolest villains I've seen in quite a while, and that's just based on what little we've seen of him so far. Another surprising treat is the music. Please note that mankind has fallen and all our old stuff is there and the rise of magic and other events have brought normal human civilization to its knees.

The Bad: As this is an MTV series, it is VERY geared toward the young adult audience. This much is apparent right off the bat. Now while this is a slight "con" for me, it could certainly be conceived as a "pro" for those young adults who strive to watch more on their favorite TV channel than pregnant teens and gyrating pop stars. That being said, there are some very cheesy conversations and "Twilight-y" moments, but not enough to be overwhelming or to make you shy away from the series.

12 Monkeys (2015_)

Genre: Adventure, Drama, Mystery
    Actors: Aaron Stanford, Amanda Schull, Noah Bean |

Plot : The show follows the journey of a time traveler, Cole, from the post-apocalyptic future. Using a dangerous and untested method of time travel, Cole arrives in the present day on a mission to locate and eradicate the source of a deadly plague that will eventually decimate 93.6% of the human race.

My take: Ok First I loved the movie so it natural to assume I would like the TV series also you would be correct. People who have watched the movie by Terry Gilliam already know this story. The premise of a time traveler returning to an earlier period to alter future events is not a new one within the realm of Science Fiction by any stretch of the imagination. What made the movie special was a combination of directorial vision, superb writing, excellent acting, and mood enhancing cinematography - all the requisite elements for delivering an engaging piece of dramatic fiction. It was a story told well with effective pacing which reached a satisfying conclusion within the span of one sitting.

My first thought upon learning this story was being re presented within a re-imagined version spanning an untold number of episodes throughout a television series was that I hoped they would be able to pad it with enough substance for it to maintain interest. I can say they have kept my interest we are on season two and it keeps getting better. The character development is superb and because you are dealing with time travel there are so many things you can do with this series. I hope SyFy can continue to do this series justice and keep it going!

Preacher (2016_)

Genre: Adventure, Drama, Fantasy
    Actors: Dominic Cooper, Joseph Gilgun, Ruth Negga

Plot :Preacher tells the story of Jesse Custer, a preacher in the small Texas town of Annville. Custer is accidentally possessed by the supernatural creature named Genesis in an incident which killed his entire congregation and flattened his church. Genesis, the product of the unauthorized, unnatural coupling of an angel and a demon, is an infant with no sense of individual will. However, as it is composed of both pure goodness and pure evil, it might have enough power to rival that of God Himself. In other words, Jesse Custer, bonded to Genesis, may have become the most powerful being in the universe.

My take: AMC seems to be turning them out in a good way! This TV series is from a comic series I can honestly say I have never read them so I don't really know to much about the show other than what I have read and what I have watched on this first episode. So does it live up to the comic I have no idea nor will I ever ready them. If you have leave your opinion here I love to read that! Ok on to the meat and potatoes this is a crazy, grotesque, violent and hilarious new AMC fantasy series it is action packed . If you like a high impact series this may do it for you. It wont replace Banshee for me but it is darn good I almost wish HBO or SHO would have picked this up the lack of cursing and nudity for such a film kills me.

I'd say the cast in general is very solid, but the two actors that need to be mentioned most apart from Cooper's preacher are Ruth Negga in the role of Tulip and Joseph Gilgun who plays Cassidy. Both are wicked fun to watch (and obviously they're relishing their parts) and both have completely bonkers introduction scenes for their respective characters that will give audiences a taste of just what kind of crazy, ultra-violent mayhem we're in for with this new show.

Tyrant (2014_)

Genre: Action, Drama, Thriller
    Actors: Adam Rayner, Jennifer Finnigan, Ashraf Barhom

Plot : Bassam Al-Fayeed or Barry, as he is known to his wife Molly and two children Sammy and Emma,has been living a self imposed exile from his Middle Eastern country called Abbudin for 20 years. Although he is the second son of the ruling president, Bassam has no desire to go back home. However, he is compelled to attend his nephew's wedding together with his family on the urging of his mother. The ruling dynasty has been recently plagued by opposition and civilian revolts. So when Barry's father unexpectedly dies, Barry must remain home to advice and support Jamal, his brother and the new president, in order to prevent the country from plunging into war.

My take: FX pulls off another great series there is plenty of action, drama and thrill moments in this series. At it's heart, Tyrant is a story of two royal siblings with different views on how the kingdom should be run, set in a modern world. The show does a great job of portraying the struggles that people face in the middle east. I like that they show western ideology vs a dictatorship ideology if you want to see a great series this is it season 3 will start soon so if you have not been watching this is a good series to binge on.

The Night Of (2016_) Mini Series

Genre: Crime, Drama
    Actors: Riz Ahmed, Peyman Moaadi, Poorna Jagannathan, John Turturro

Plot : Naz is a strait-laced Pakistani-American student who is off to a must-attend party on a Friday night. His only available transportation being his father's taxi cab, Naz sets off into Manhattan. But his party-going plans are quickly forgotten when a mysterious young woman jumps aboard in need of a ride. Charmed by her intense intrigue and good looks, Naz gets swept up by her pressures. After a mind-altering night of drugs and passion, the woman is dead, and Naz finds himself in the crosshairs of a gruesome murder investigation, panicked and shaken, but possibly with a trace of doubt as to his own innocence.

My take: This show is amazing. It's draws you in, puts you in the main characters position and never lets go. The acting is fantastic, the mood, the music the visuals are also great. I watch a lot of shows, most of them are entertaining enough but not very often do I come across a show like this that gets you completely enthralled and then has you screaming at the screen as the end credits role because you cant stand the thought of having to wait 7 days for the next episode. Now that it has ended I encourage you to watch it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast