Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tv Shows

The Girlfriend Experience (2016)

Genre: Drama
    Actors: Riley Keough, Paul Sparks, Briony Glassco

Plot : Christine Reade is a law student and an intern at a prestigious firm but her focus quickly shifts when a classmate introduces her to the world of transactional relationships. Known as GFEs, they are women who provide "The Girlfriend Experience" - emotional and sexual relationships at a price. Juggling two lives, Christine is drawn into the GFE world, attracted to the rush of control and intimacy.

My take: This is a brand new series from Starz which has brought use great shows like Spartacus, Outlander and BlackSails. Let me start off by saying they try hard to show the experience from the girls point of view how she gets into the line of work and why she is doing it. I have only seen 2 30 minute episodes and it seems good so far and from what I see her world will eventually get torn into pieces when the law firm she is working for tries to tear her apart. Of course with a show like this its not only drama but there is a lot of sex scenes and wow I give Riley Keough mad props for the acting she has done so far. To go from a 1 night stand that didn't mean anything to full on prostitution for money and look on her face is priceless as you can see the emotion is just gone its nothing more than mechanics by the end of episode two. If you have not seen or so not know about this series give it a try I think with a person with that kind of life the series could go on for a while or at least I hope it does!
    My software has no bugs it develops random features.

The Detour (2016_)

Genre: Comedy
    Actors: Jason Jones, Natalie Zea, Ashley Gerasimovich

Plot : The Detour is a what-in-the-living-hell-is-wrong-with-this-family comedy created by comic super-couple Jason Jones & Samantha Bee and inspired by their own experiences with family trips. Jones stars as unfiltered dad Nate, who hits the road with wife Robin (Natalie Zea) and kids Delilah (Ashley Gerasimovich) and Jared (Liam Carroll). Every leg of their trip is fraught with disaster as they encounter one hellish turn after another. If there's trouble on the road, this family will find it and plow into it.

My take: Laugh Out Loud that's it..... I seriously could not stop laughing it is so refreshing to get a whitey comedy like this. As you guys have probably seen I really don't watch much comedy movies just look at what I have reviewed this however is just an overall great show. As it says above the whole family is so dysfunctional that it leave you going did they really just say or do that? If you like a good comedy hop on this road trip with me!

Containment (2016_)

Genre: Drama
    Actors: David Gyasi, Chris Wood, Kristen Gutoskie

Plot : This is a brand new series that follows an epidemic that breaks out in Atlanta, leaving a large part of the large city quarantined and those stuck on the inside fighting for their lives. The drama tells the story of loved ones torn apart, and how the society that grows inside the cordon reveals both the devolution of humanity and the birth of unlikely heroes.

My take: I will be the first to admit this show is probably not for everyone. I am the exception to this because i love me some TV and anything apocalyptic. If you are into the whole, Outbreak, civil unrest end of days type shows then this is for you . so far we are 2 episodes in and I am hooked. I find the main characters are all well written and do an exceptional job not to mention I love me some Claudia Black. even though we are 2 episodes in and we are still dealing with a "real-time" event of this outbreak, but hints from episode one the good old flash forward then flash back gives us some context to what is coming for these survivors. i have high hopes for this show and hope is get a renewal. This show is by no means a Walking Dead or The Strain but more of science fact that in the grand scheme of things we are one event from destroying ourselves and the dead do not come back in this one. If you need a new show this maybe for you....

Damien (2016_)

Genre: Drama, Horror
    Actors: Bradley James, Megalyn Echikunwoke, Omid Abtahi

Plot : After discovering his origins, Damien Thorn must cope with life as the Anti-Christ.

My take: This is a spin from the classic cult move the omen. What if Satan's son was walking among us right now? What would he be like? Would he be evil, or would he be seen as a good, moral man? Would he be aware that he was the Devil's spawn; and if so, would he embrace it, or try to reject his destiny? I can say the show from what I have seen touches basically every question here. I have done 3 episodes so far but can't make enough time for everything hahaha I think the premise of this show is good. Bradley James delivers an excellent performance and the conflict he faces of destiny vs free will is very intriguing me personally i'd just go evil why fight the inevitable!

Pinball Wizard
    Spot on Wickedjoker on Containment, just started watching it and it is too early to tell but so far I like it!!

Ash vs Evil Dead (2015_)

Genre: Comedy, Fantasy, Horror
    Actors: Bruce Campbell, Ray Santiago, Dana DeLorenzo

Plot : Ash has spent the last 30 years avoiding responsibility, maturity and the terrors of the Evil Dead until a Deadite plague threatens to destroy all of mankind and Ash becomes mankind's only hope.

My take: I can't believe I have not reviewed this yet as it is one of my favorites right now. Ok so those who love the original evil dead will love this also. It is the TV series Ash vs Evil Dead staring non other than Bruce Campbell. In my opinion, Ash vs. Evil Dead does everything right. Instead of going down the "gritty drama" route of shows like The Walking Dead or taking the "straight horror" approach of Fede Alvarez' Evil Dead remake, creators Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell fully embrace the over-the-top goofiness and playful tone of Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness. While deliver plenty of GORE and I mean a lot plus some good scares. Who else could play Ash really no one Bruce is the man with the wooden hand!

Ash vs Evil dead brings back everything that I loved about the original Evil Dead films, but it also manages to introduce interesting new characters and story lines which help maintain the element of surprise for long-time fans. And the show works just as well as a stand-alone story. People who have never watch the trilogy need not fear as you wont be lost. But if you haven't seen the original movies i highly suggest you go back and watch them.

Homeland (2011_)

Genre: Crime, Drama, Mystery
    Actors: Claire Danes, Mandy Patinkin, Rupert Friend

Plot : A bipolar CIA operative becomes convinced a prisoner of war has been turned by al-Qaeda and is planning to carry out a terrorist attack on American soil.

My take: Unless you have been under a rock you probably have heard of this show by now. First off, this is a fast-paced conspiracy thriller with twists and turns at every corner. Claire Danes and Rupert Friend are fantastic. Both characters lead the show, and they keep us watching for their fates will one of them slip up. If you have military background or any type of federal background this show may not be for you it has a bunch of holes but that's not why you want to watch this series it is just written so dang well and leaves you in awe! All in all though, this is worth watching. A very good, sometimes great, first season, but definitely with a lot of problems. I am more than halfway through season one and cant wait to see what they come up with next.

The Night Manager (2016) Mini Series

Genre: Crime, Drama, Mystery
    Actors: Tom Hollander, Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie

Plot : A night manager of an Egyptian hotel is recruited by intelligence agents to infiltrate an international arms dealer's network.

My take: The Night Manager centers on the story of Jonathan Pine (Tom Hiddleston), who is fed up with the corruption that surrounds him everyday, Until, He meets Sophie who gives him a invoice of weapons that are going to be used tp over throw the Arab Spring. He decides to take action and sends the information to an intelligence agency in England, And in a perfect world that might have been sufficient, but that isn't the case, politicians decide that acting on this Intel might do more harm then good. Soon Pine finds himself working for the intelligence community to bring down an arms dealer.

The storyline is well written, As for the acting cast; Hugh Laurie & Tom Hiddleston do what they do best. This show has great potential and if the writers don't drop the ball, I am sure that we will enjoy it for a long time. This has so many twists and turns you really have to pay attention. I for one will continue to watch.
    Last edited by wickedjoker; 05-10-2016 at 05:25 PM.

Pinball Wizard
    I saw the previous of night manager, I will put on my list for binge watching at the end of the season!!thanks!!

i may have to watch the old one I have never seen it. Was the original good?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast