Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tv Shows

Tv Shows

Hello Gents, I have a ton of TV shows I watch and wanted to give some feedback on them I will continue to post to this threat so if you have something good please add. I am especially interested in some UK stuff I have just started watching some things over there that the US doesn't have and I got to say I like them even if i don't understand all the geography reference that are used !

HUMANS (2015)

Genre: Drama / Sci-Fi
    Actors: Gemma Chan, Katherine Parkinson, Lucy Carless

Plot:n a parallel present where the latest must-have gadget for any busy family is a 'Synth' - a highly-developed robotic servant that's so similar to a real human it's transforming the way we live.

My take: Humans is an unexpectedly great show. The reason for this is that it's understated in the technology an emphasizes the humanity. The cast are all from UK and mostly unknown and it allows us to get to know the characters more. I am not sure if the US version is any good but will continue to watch the UK version as I am already invested!

This series is dark and brooding. It raises more questions than it answers with the interaction between the Artificial Intelligence (AI) Synths and the Humans who "employ" them to do ordinary household tasks. Some of these task as you can imagine come into human sexuality and using the synths for sexual pleasure!

The origins of the core group of Synths is a mystery that is weave through the course of this series. There is some limited action, violence and beneath all of that big question about the ghost in the machine. This may be the best follow-up on ideas of sentient robots first presented since Blade Runner.
    Last edited by wickedjoker; 03-01-2016 at 11:46 PM.
    My software has no bugs it develops random features.

You, Me and the Apocalypse (2015)

Genre: Drama / Comedy
    Actors: Mathew Baynton, Jenna Fischer, Joel Fry

Plot :Comedy drama about the final days of mankind. Mild-mannered Slough bank manager Jamie is in a rut - albeit a very organised one - consumed by grief for his missing wife. All of that soon changes, however, when he's arrested on suspicion of cyber terrorism and realises that, somehow, he must have an identical twin and that his mum Paula has some serious explaining to do. Halfway around the world in New Mexico, unassuming librarian Rhonda enters a maximum-security prison for a crime she didn't commit and reluctantly falls under the wing of unhinged white supremacist Leanne. At the Vatican, meanwhile, foul-mouthed rebel priest Father Jude interviews the beautiful Sister Celine for a role in his office of the Devil's Advocate. These are just some of the eclectic and seemingly unconnected characters whose lives will start to intersect in the most unexpected ways as news breaks that a comet is on an unavoidable collision course towards earth and will hit in just 34 days. Some of them are destined to make it to a bunker deep beneath the suburbs of Slough and, as a result, will become the hugely unlikely (and, frankly, somewhat unsuitable) future of mankind.

My take: This is another UK series although I think it is due to launch in the US soon. You, Me, and the Apocalypse is an amazing show that makes you want more and more and more. From the start to the end there are twist and turns that keep you interested in the show. Rob Lowe is excellent in this series and his co-star is all to beautiful. The dynamics of a world event and getting views from all over the world gives you an understanding of how small we really are. If you are bored turn this on get a good laugh! I Love this show.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    this is great
    I just recently finished up on a couple series I had been watching and been looking for a new one or two to get into.
    Tried the Lucifer series , which is a new series , only a few episodes so far and the first couple were pretty good, but then the series got old rather quick for me.
    Tried this one series called Angel From Hell, about a Guardian Angel whose methods are umm , not so heavenly .... I liked that series but not many episodes.

You, Me and the Apocalypse sounds intriguing
    Thnx

Found it just now on the Total TV repo that Myst Da Man posted just this morning
    I see it has a whole season worth of episodes .
    Fantastic !!!
    Gonna check this one out.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Hey Crazed I have been watching Lucifer also this is based of a DC comic. I am still giving it a try I don't think it will last with the content that they are showing. I have many many many more to post I watch way to much TV...

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedjoker View Post
    Hey Crazed I have been watching Lucifer also this is based of a DC comic. I am still giving it a try I don't think it will last with the content that they are showing. I have many many many more to post I watch way to much TV...
    Keep em coming wickedjoker
    Looking forward in reading your reviews on these TV series ... always looking for another good series to watch.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Black Sails (2014)

Genre: Drama / Adventure
    Actors: Jessica Parker Kennedy, Toby Stephens, Hannah New

Plot : Captain Flint and his pirates, twenty years prior to Robert Louis Stevenson's classic "Treasure Island".

My take: I have been hooked on this show since it started. I have gotten others hooked on this show it is very addicting leaving you wanting more. Season 3 just started so there is time to catch up! The actors are terrific and the story line is adult and intriguing. In my opinion the attention to detail rivals such shows as Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead and this show is extremely underrated. Just beware the show is a slow start this is due to plot and character development, but like moths drawn to a flame you will get sucked in. As it says in the plot this is about Treasure Island I have never read the books and this is probably a good thing ill let you decide. If you like adventure shows, pirates, stuff blowing up, and twists on every turn then this show is for you!

Sense 8 (2015)

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi
    Actors: Aml Ameen, Doona Bae, Jamie Clayton

Plot : Sense8 tells the story of eight strangers: Will (Smith), Riley (Middleton), Capheus (Ameen), Sun (Bae), Lito (Silvestre), Kala (Desai), Wolfgang (Riemelt), and Nomi (Clayton). Each individual is from a different culture and part of the world. In the aftermath of a tragic death they all experience through what they perceive as dreams or visions, they suddenly find themselves growing mentally and emotionally connected. While trying to figure how and why this connection happened and what it means, a mysterious man named Jonas tries to help the eight. Meanwhile, another stranger called Whispers attempts to hunt them down, using the same sense 8 power to gain full access to a sense 8's mind (thoughts/sight) after looking into their eyes. Each episode reflects the views of the characters interacting with each other while delving deeper into their backgrounds and what sets them apart and brings them together with the others.

My take: If you like to binge watch episodes this is a great TV series to do it with. Netflix has giving us Sense 8 they released one of the best series ever. Well directed and written, gorgeously shot and edited… From the opening sequence, you know you are watching something very special. If you do not have money to travel this is a great way to explore the world taking place from the US the Uk Japan, India and many other locations.

If you like the idea of seeing what it would be like if we could communicate to each other via telepathy then then this is the show for you but really it is much more than that. It tackles some serious subjects. Homosexuality, transgender relations, racial differences, feminism and deficiency of capitalism. you will grow to care so much for each of the eight and I love how they all complement each other.Give it a try I am sure you will not be disappointed cant wait for the next season to air!

Pinball Wizard
    Thank you. Sense 8 is an awesome series...a "got to watch" TV series!!I highly recomend!!

Outsiders (2016)

Genre: Drama
    Actors: Joe Anderson, Ryan Hurst, Kyle Gallner

Plot : A struggle for power and control set in the rugged and mysterious hills of Appalachia, "Outsiders" tells the story of the Farrell clan, a family of outsiders who've been in these parts since before anyone can remember. Living off the grid and above the law on their mountaintop homestead, they'll protect their world and defend their way of life using any means necessary.

My take: This is a WGN show and they have had other great shows like Manhattan. So far the show is great the character development seems a little slow but I thinks that is because it is leading to a bigger punch at the end of the season. The show is about mountain folks known as the (Farrell) that have not communication with civilization other than to trade/barter needed items. They are sitting on a large coal deposit and the coal company aims to drive them out to get to those resource however the Farrell's wont go easy and this is not there first battle. The best analogy I have heard is it is like "max meets little house on the prairie". Whatever the case this is a great show about anti establishment dealing with family issues lord knows we all have them. I have seen so many mixed reviews on this show and I for one could lean either way at this point don't get me wrong it is interesting series but as I said moves a little slow on character development due to back story information being fed to you.

11.22.63 (2016)

Genre: Mystery, Sci-Fi, Thriller
    Actors: James Franco, Sarah Gadon, George MacKay

Plot : High school teacher Jake Epping travels back in time to prevent the assassination of President John F. Kennedy - but his mission is threatened by Lee Harvey Oswald, falling in love, and the past itself, which doesn't want to be changed and shouldn't be changed.
    - Written by Hulu

My take: This is a hulu series seems like all the big streamers are on the tv series bandwagon. 11.22.63 is a 9 Part series written by Stephen King who happens to be one of my favorite authors. My excitement only continued to grow when I learned that JJ Abrams and James Franco were attached. That being said, when I sat down to watch it i did not have high hopes going in why because it is hard to translate kings works into shows. At first, my hopes were kind of dwindled. Upon starting the show, I thought that maybe Franco was not the best choice to play Jake Epping. As I continued watching, I noticed that it wasn't Franco, but rather that the show itself felt rushed during the beginning. However, to my viewing pleasure, once Franco totally commits to going back to the 60s (and he shaves that ridiculous goatee) the show really starts to come together. There are a lot of moving parts to this show as who wouldn't want to try and change items that bothered you if you could go back in the past. The distractions that Franco character faces are one of the heart and of the past pushing back on him. Overall, the show kept me thoroughly entertained for an hour and twenty minutes. So, if you can sit through about 10 minutes of a rushed plot, then I would definitely recommend giving this show a shot. King, Abrams, and Franco... How could it go wrong?!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast