Thread: Tv Shows

Threaded View

Tv Shows

Hello Gents, I have a ton of TV shows I watch and wanted to give some feedback on them I will continue to post to this threat so if you have something good please add. I am especially interested in some UK stuff I have just started watching some things over there that the US doesn't have and I got to say I like them even if i don't understand all the geography reference that are used !

HUMANS (2015)

Genre: Drama / Sci-Fi
    Actors: Gemma Chan, Katherine Parkinson, Lucy Carless

Plot:n a parallel present where the latest must-have gadget for any busy family is a 'Synth' - a highly-developed robotic servant that's so similar to a real human it's transforming the way we live.

My take: Humans is an unexpectedly great show. The reason for this is that it's understated in the technology an emphasizes the humanity. The cast are all from UK and mostly unknown and it allows us to get to know the characters more. I am not sure if the US version is any good but will continue to watch the UK version as I am already invested!

This series is dark and brooding. It raises more questions than it answers with the interaction between the Artificial Intelligence (AI) Synths and the Humans who "employ" them to do ordinary household tasks. Some of these task as you can imagine come into human sexuality and using the synths for sexual pleasure!

The origins of the core group of Synths is a mystery that is weave through the course of this series. There is some limited action, violence and beneath all of that big question about the ghost in the machine. This may be the best follow-up on ideas of sentient robots first presented since Blade Runner.
    Last edited by wickedjoker; 03-01-2016 at 11:46 PM.
    My software has no bugs it develops random features.