This is us

Genre: Drama/(some comedy)

Starring: Milo Ventimiglia, Mandy Moore, Sterling K. Brown, Chrissy Metz, Justin Hartley, Susan Kelechi Watson, Chris Sullivan and Ron Cephas Jones

Plot: The series follows siblings Kate, Kevin and Randall as their lives intertwine. Kate and Kevin were originally part of a triplet pregnancy, conceived in the bathroom of Froggy's, a bar, during Super Bowl XIV. However, their biological brother was stillborn. While their due date was October 12, 1980, they were born six weeks early on August 31. Their parents, Jack and Rebecca, intent on bringing home three babies, decide to adopt another newborn (Randall), a black child who was born on the same day and brought to the same hospital after his biological father abandoned him at a fire station.

My Take: A true family show that will have you reaching for the Klenex and looking forward for the next episode. A drama series that has some comedy scenes with a good story line and again pretty much unknown actors except for Mandy Moore. It grew on me but the wife was hooked since episode one. I would not be surprise if this show wins a lot of emmys because of the popularity.