Our Brand Is Crisis (2015)

Comedy / Drama Movie 2015

Directed by: David Gordon Green
    Actors: Sandra Bullock, Billy Bob Thornton, Anthony Mackie

Plot: In 2002, Bolivian politician Pedro Gallo hires American James Carville's political consulting firm, Greenberg Carville Shrum, to help him win the 2002 Bolivian presidential election. GCS brings in Jane Bodine to manage the campaign in Bolivia. Battling her arch nemesis, the opposition's political consultant Pat Candy, Bodine successfully uses American political campaign strategies to lead Gallo to victory against Victor Rivera.

My take: i watched this on Saturday morning with the wife. I liked it better than the 2005 documentary that it's named after, this movie definitely adds to the story and makes it more exciting and funnier for those not into political documentaries. It takes you places the documentary could not. Personally I love the fact that other countries hire american strategist to win their campaigns for them just shows how good we are at deceiving people. The comedy in the movie is great over all it's just a good movie.

The acting and casting is surprisingly good. Thorton and Bullock work surprising well together and I actually would like to see them do more films if they are anything like this.

Not the best politically natured film of the year (that goes to Big Short), but definitely the best and most insightful film on modern election politics and "democracy" if you can call it that.

Grade: out 8 of 10 stars
    Last edited by wickedjoker; 03-01-2016 at 07:31 AM.

cool will check it out need a good movie to watch