Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Pinball Wizard

Post Rate a KODI ADD-ON

This thread is for everyone to give their review on any Kodi Add-ons. Please include the name, repository name, version (optional), and type of add-on: video or program.
    I'm always looking for new add-ons to use and hopefully it will help others find an add on that better suits their needs.

In my rating you will probably see that I rarely if ever give 5 stars because i have yet to see the add-on that performs perfectly or provides far beyond other video add-ons or program add-ons without the need improvement. Even when Smashup was the add-on that pretty much everyone automatically went to it was still a 4.6 in my scale to 5.

Pinball Wizard
    Add-on: Phoenix
    Type: Video
    Repo: Blazetamer
    Version: 1.3.6

Pros: variety that includes live tv, tv shows & movies with various watching options HD, SD, & 3D. Radio, documentaries. Hockey only section and different types of genres sections available also. International channels listings. A Manage Downloads section.
    Cons: Like in a lot of other add-ons the links don’t work (especially international tv links) or you have to click on them a few times before they work. Very clutter due to having the same item in different folders.
    Summary: I like this add on, but there a lot of room for improvement. Losing Woody which was a big part of its original appeal was big, they still have tv links on their folders but it is very clutter making the user view through each folder. Overall Phoenix is a must for all Kodi aficionados that like HD movies, Live TV links and NHL.

Laser Grade: 3.7 STARS
    Last edited by Kimbo; 03-09-2015 at 07:21 PM.

Pinball Wizard
    Add-on: Cartoon HD Extra (Cartoon HD 2)
    Repo: Xunity Talk
    Version: 0.0.4

Pros: TV Show, Movies in HD and DVD video quality, reliable links, one click video plays (no need to look thru sources), Large cartoons list and easy to navigate.
    Cons: TV shows are not up to date, TV shows and Movies listings are very limited compared to other video add-ons.
    Summary: What started as an addition to Cartoon HD came out better than the original, It’s one of my favorite due to the one click viewing and reliability of their links. Improvements can be made on the TV and Movie listings but overall it outperforms some well known video-addons.

Laser Grade: 3.8 STARS
    Last edited by Kimbo; 03-09-2015 at 07:19 PM.

Pinball Wizard
    Add-on: Genesis
    Repo: Lambda
    Version: 4.0.1

Pros: Live tv, TV Shows & Movies in SD and HD. Easy to navigate, My genesis section., Auto Play and ability to see trailers.
    Cons: Could have a larger HD sources list, links like in most video-addons don’t work. Could have a better search tool. Limited number of searches per page (can be fix but it shouldn’t have to)
    Summary: Very likeable video add-on, I like the TV calendar option, Movies section is good but not great. Overall I like this add-on, there are many other add-ons that can provide the same service and quality has this one but the creator Lambda makes this a solid choice for any device.

Laser Grade: 4.2 STARS

Revised 03/16/15
    Last edited by Kimbo; 03-17-2015 at 01:57 AM.

Pinball Wizard
    Add-on: Istream
    Repo: Xunity
    Version: 1.0.0.31

Pros: Live TV (pretty good List), Documentaries, TV Shows & Movies HD. More sources for HD than most add-ons. Allows you to view trailers, very well organized, nicely designed add-on.
    Cons: You need to installed Xunity skins and Xunity Maintance program for Istream to work, installation is not as easy as most of add-ons, over 60+ dependencies (folders) for Istream. Uses a lot of space on your device.
    Summary: If you are a beginner or if your device does not have a lot of memory I would not recommend you using this video-addon. It’s a really-really good add on but it uses a lot of your device resources and there is the risk that future Kodi upgrades may not be compatible which may result in you having to start from scratch with your device like I did when 14.0 came in. I have it in one of my devices but there are a lot of other add-ons that do very close to the same this add on do without the glitz that Istream has.

Laser Grade: 3.7 STARS

Pinball Wizard
    Add-on: Total Installer
    Type: Program
    Repo: Totalxbmc - whufclee
    Version: 1.0.7

Pros: Easy to install addons, tools option include all in one maintenance (upload log, view my log, check my IP, TEST my download speed and back up and restore my system), install repositories, install games. Lots lots of extras.
    Cons: The possibility that certain add-ons might not update if you install add-ons and not install their repository.
    Summary: This third party program is awesome, it saves me time looking for an add-on if is not already on my available to use list. The ability to install any /add-on and have a program that does more like find an add-on based on their genre, ability to test your speed and system back up/restore features might save you space since some people use more than one program to use this. I recommend that you at least try it to see if you like it, I did.

Laser Grade: 4.1 STARS
    Last edited by Kimbo; 03-09-2015 at 08:27 PM.

Pinball Wizard
    Add-on: KissAnime
    Repo: The Highway
    Version: 0.8.9

Pros: Vast anime listings, movies & tv series, easy to navigate. Most if not all in HD and one click viewing. I have yet to experience a "broken" link or a non functioning TV show or movie link.
    Cons: It could be better organized.
    Summary: For any Anime fan this is the best anime genre video add-on, I tried for a couple of years different ones, but this one stands head above shoulders, just based on the quantity of anime shows and movies. The Highway repository has other anime add-ons that try to replicate KissAnime, but they fall short, the rating would be a 5 just based on the genre but has an add-on it gets really close

Laser Grade: 4.3 STARS
    Last edited by Kimbo; 03-10-2015 at 03:26 PM.

I see you rate all the apps but tell me what sever do you like when you need to pick one so many to choice which is ones are the best to pick when they give you a list

Add-on: 1st stop repository highway
    Type: program
    Repo: The Highway
    version 0.1.2

if you know what you doing this is a must have
    Last edited by Marley; 03-11-2015 at 05:55 AM.

Pinball Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by asft View Post
    I see you rate all the apps but tell me what sever do you like when you need to pick one so many to choice which is ones are the best to pick when they give you a list
    Is that server? you mean repository?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast