TV Addicted

Thumbs up Kodi Crashes on iPad iOS 9.2.1 While loading channels from Stalker client

I have always used Stalker Client on my jailbroken ipad before, but I just upgraded my ipad and it has ios 9.2.1 (currently no jailbreak).... So I loaded Kodi 15.2 using xcode and while using the Stalker client 0.8.4 (built into kodi) every time I open kodi it crashes right away and closes, mind you all the channels load if i enable TV while in kodi but as soon as i close kodi and re-open it, channels do not load and it crashes right away. I then tried the stalker client nfps 1.0.3 and it wouldnt even enable in kodi.

I then deleted kodi 15.2 and installed Kodi 16... did a fresh setup...kodi 16 has stallker client 1.0.3 built in which also works until I close kodi and when I open Kodi again I see "Loading channels from pvr clients" for 1 second and boom kodi crashes again. Tried to install stalker client nfps 1.0.3 from ********** but kodi keeps saying unable to install addon.

The only way I can make kodi load channels from the buiilt in stalker client on both kodi 15.2 and kodi 16 is if I turn my wifi off on the ipad, then open kodi and wait for "unable to load channels" error then wait for 1 more minute then I turn wifi ON my ipad and then Go to kodi settings and toggle TV-Enable off/on. Then it loads all the channels and epg and works, but then when I close kodi and open it again it keeps crashing until I repeat this whole process all over again.

Pretty annoying to say the least, on my old jailbroken ipad kodi 15.2 is still working fine (it only crashes once in a while and re-opening kodi loads channels). It seems that the problem is only on non-jailbroken apple devices running ios 9.2.1 on which kodi is side loaded using xcode.

ANYONE has similar problem on non-jailbroken ios Device. anny solutions to this? And how can I get a crash log to submit here so maybe the developer of Stalker client may figure out how to fix this...please help

Guru
    We are few and far between of those on Jailbroken IPad using Kodi and NFPS. Im actually holding off on utilizing the Stalker Client for now, but will upgrade to Jarvis when some of the kinks are worked out. I'm actually still using The 9.0.21 add on and Ivue. Although I'm holding off on upgrading to Jarvis, but from what I read it was supposed to be a bit easier and setting up the epg etc...Not sure why it's crashing for you though. I do hope they think about IOS and have ********** create a Stalker NFPS which may be compatible for IOS. If you do get it working with out the crashing issue, I hope you post the steps for others to view. Will be helpful.
    Last edited by ADP0361; 02-26-2016 at 04:34 AM.

TV Addicted
    I hope the same, or hopefully jailbreak comes out so kodi is more stable on that, but its weird how same kodi works on jailbroken device and not on non-jailbroken.....

Anyone else using kodi on apple device ?

cheap tv guy
    I jailbroke my ipad 4, whein it had 8.2 I think, running kodi 15.2 with the 8.3 stalker, only thing i had to do Feb 1st was put in my donation # in the stalker client, I not worried about color tv guide and all, but 15.2 works and runs fine on the pad, question, when your kodi quits, do you hit the home button and make sure its closed before trying again, one thing i noticed was when I quit kodi on my ipad it shuts down real quick, not like the forever shut down on the android

Quote Originally Posted by apun View Post
    I have always used Stalker Client on my jailbroken ipad before, but I just upgraded my ipad and it has ios 9.2.1 (currently no jailbreak).... So I loaded Kodi 15.2 using xcode and while using the Stalker client 0.8.4 (built into kodi) every time I open kodi it crashes right away and closes, mind you all the channels load if i enable TV while in kodi but as soon as i close kodi and re-open it, channels do not load and it crashes right away. I then tried the stalker client nfps 1.0.3 and it wouldnt even enable in kodi.

I then deleted kodi 15.2 and installed Kodi 16... did a fresh setup...kodi 16 has stallker client 1.0.3 built in which also works until I close kodi and when I open Kodi again I see "Loading channels from pvr clients" for 1 second and boom kodi crashes again. Tried to install stalker client nfps 1.0.3 from ********** but kodi keeps saying unable to install addon.

The only way I can make kodi load channels from the buiilt in stalker client on both kodi 15.2 and kodi 16 is if I turn my wifi off on the ipad, then open kodi and wait for "unable to load channels" error then wait for 1 more minute then I turn wifi ON my ipad and then Go to kodi settings and toggle TV-Enable off/on. Then it loads all the channels and epg and works, but then when I close kodi and open it again it keeps crashing until I repeat this whole process all over again.

Pretty annoying to say the least, on my old jailbroken ipad kodi 15.2 is still working fine (it only crashes once in a while and re-opening kodi loads channels). It seems that the problem is only on non-jailbroken apple devices running ios 9.2.1 on which kodi is side loaded using xcode.

ANYONE has similar problem on non-jailbroken ios Device. anny solutions to this? And how can I get a crash log to submit here so maybe the developer of Stalker client may figure out how to fix this...please help
    try a different skin. I have found that certain skins do not work well with the IPAD.
    My software has no bugs it develops random features.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roach46 View Post
    I jailbroke my ipad 4, whein it had 8.2 I think, running kodi 15.2 with the 8.3 stalker, only thing i had to do Feb 1st was put in my donation # in the stalker client, I not worried about color tv guide and all, but 15.2 works and runs fine on the pad, question, when your kodi quits, do you hit the home button and make sure its closed before trying again, one thing i noticed was when I quit kodi on my ipad it shuts down real quick, not like the forever shut down on the android
    I also have another ipad which is jailbroken and running kodi 15.2 with no problems, problem is only on my new ipad air running 9.2.1 with kodi side loaded (not jailbroken).

wickedjoker - I will try another skin to see if it makes any difference.

cheap tv guy
    Quote Originally Posted by apun View Post
    I also have another ipad which is jailbroken and running kodi 15.2 with no problems, problem is only on my new ipad air running 9.2.1 with kodi side loaded (not jailbroken).

wickedjoker - I will try another skin to see if it makes any difference.
    I have been using chrome, I think thats how its spelled

You should be able to find some sort of solution here: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install..._custom_builds
    /kens

This is from a user on the Kodi forum, which you can find here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=262932

Turn on debugging before you enable the PVR and then setup the PVR

Once it crashes, go into Xcode and then the Devices window (where you install the IPA)

Then select Kodi and click the gear and then Download Container

Then you can right click on the file that it saves and click Show Package Contents

Somewhere inside that folder you'll find Kodi.log

Junoir Member
    Hi there

I have struggled with this issue for a couple of weeks but I think I may have found a solution.

When checking the crash logs, I noticed there was an issue with the RSS Feeds.

So I basically went into Settings -> Appearance -> Skins and disabled "Show RSS feeds"

Once I did that, I didn't have the issue where Kodi was crashing on load.

Hopefully this will help those of you experiencing the same issue.

Note, you will need to delete Kodi and re-configure the settings in order for this to work.