Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Cat

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

My Cat

my cat can open doors, yes very true.
    If the door is just one inch ajar George can get it open.
    What he does is swat at it like he is swatting at an intrusive animal (human or otherwise).
    The door then moves a bit and as soon as it stops, he stares at it like to figure out if it's gonna fight back.. Then he swats again and door moves slightly more and same thing again, he stares it down.. then proceeds thru the open door
    He learned that from his sister cat Missy, she was the one to figure it out. But Missy had to die in a car thing and that's when Georgy took up the trait

Just stuff you'd never expect in pets

Junoir Member
    If our outside door is not latched and it can be just pushed open our cat will stand up to about the knob and push and ride it down as it opens and out he goes. Fortunately he has a pen that he ends up in. Right now he is recouperting from gall bladder surgery and removal of a gall stone from the bile duct. VERY expensive Cat.

My cat Charlie can open doors too. If he can"t push it open. He'll put his paw under the door and shake it until it opens or we open it for him. lol
    Pretty smart kitty...

Our cat does something amazing with doors too.

When she wants through a closed door she stands on her hind legs with her front paws on the door meowing while looking at the handle as if it obeys here every command. If that doesn't work she starts making rounds to everyone in the house with purrs and rubbing. This is usually enough to force someone to bow to her will and open that door.

If the rare case she hasn't been let out yet, she commences to what you could only consider rough nursing. She raises up her front paws on someone and stands there with those sharp claws massaging her victim into submission. Purring and acting what she considers cute while inflicting maximum pain to that victim.

Door flies open and she's off chasing anything that moves. Damn cat

Cat owner of 3. One of my cats actually does this, its so hilarious
    Last edited by catz; 03-09-2015 at 01:34 AM.

unbanned christmas
    You guys are really amazing, I was wondering though does anyone of you have a dog besides having a cat and how do they interact with each other, I guess that would be very interesting to know.

had a big tom named "Zeke" that used the toilet...
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Quote Originally Posted by date View Post
    You guys are really amazing, I was wondering though does anyone of you have a dog besides having a cat and how do they interact with each other, I guess that would be very interesting to know.
    yep I have an indoor shih tzu (Darla)that gets along great with the cat when the cat allows it. lol
    Have a great outdoor dog too. Cody

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    my dog Zues is same color as Georgy... Sometimes it seems that is important to georgey, he luv Zues when other cats didn't... George luv Zues from time he was born.. Thought the color was important.. But Zues always knwen it was luv that was important.. He was color blind

Quote Originally Posted by date View Post
    Have a large pitbull if that counts. He's outside and a push-over. Cat does what she wants around him. He's just happy for the companionship

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast