Warrior Member

About MAG 256/257

MAG256/257 is a high-performance Set-Top Box solution with new STiH301 chipset. The STB is using HEVC technology for provision of high quality video with more velocity. Owing to enhanced capabilities of MAG256/257 Set-Top Box, it became possible to playback the video of quality up to FullHD and to use intensive applications

Faster and more powerful media processor ARM Cortex A9 1.5 GHz; HEVC support; USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports to connect external carriers and Wi-Fi adapters

MAG256 is a unique open platform. You can make changes to our Set-Top Box software as well as integrate with other developers’ software.

MAG257 is a closed platform that does not allow image modification. It has integrated Verimatrix content security solution and is meant for operators that already use Verimatrix.

Probation
    very good info android man..much thnx.

Probation
    Hi,

Any idea when either of these boxes will be available to purchase or has there been another delay?

Cheers
    Phil

bry bryb
    I know the 352 won't be released till Q2 of this year. I'm waiting for that one.

Probation
    I have purchased a Mag256. But it has no Mag logo on the front of the box. So there is no ''Mag256'' on the front of the box. Could it be a clone?
    And the mouse on the remote controle also doesn't work. When i'm on an internet page, there is the mouse arrow wich stays there and i can't move it.

Probation
    I forgot to mention that it also only has one usb 3.0 port on the front and no other usb port on the back.
    I read everywhere on the internet that the Mag256w1 has a usb3.0 port and a usb2.0 port.