Thread: jittery picture

jittery picture

I have noticed that the NFPS service jitters, not a lag but jitters up and down. It actually makes me feel sick when I watch it.

How do I fix this? I have tried with acceleration on and off. I feel if I were to let an epileptic watch this they might seizure up

a better way to explain it is that it seems that frame rates are shuttering.

I have the same issue. Can someone help with this? This should probably be moved to PVR stalker or NFPS Section so it gets noticed.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Violator View Post
    I have noticed that the NFPS service jitters, not a lag but jitters up and down. It actually makes me feel sick when I watch it.

How do I fix this? I have tried with acceleration on and off. I feel if I were to let an epileptic watch this they might seizure up

I was having the exact same problem and I hadn't seen any other posts about it so I took matters into my own hands. I started messing with my hardware acceleration, I also changed the deinterlance settings and scaling method. I'm not sure which one of the three actually fixed the problem but it seems to be fine now.

It will jitter for about the first 10 seconds of playback then it works fine!

Quote Originally Posted by crjmichiels View Post
    I was having the exact same problem and I hadn't seen any other posts about it so I took matters into my own hands. I started messing with my hardware acceleration, I also changed the deinterlance settings and scaling method. I'm not sure which one of the three actually fixed the problem but it seems to be fine now.

It will jitter for about the first 10 seconds of playback then it works fine!
    I believe it's deinterlacing that fixes the jitters. It appears the availability of deinterlacing methods depends on the type of box you're using. My fire TV box has software only and it's not as good as my PC. I'm think of just getting a dedicated PC for TV viewing.

Did you guys set the deinterlacing to Auto/on/off?

I had the same issues and never found an answer. I switched to stb emulator and couldn't be happier. Was using a fire stick. Now have a firetv. (More ram)
    "No one learns as much about a subject as one who is forced to teach it"