Post Don't throw your iPhone in the snow just yet....

Apple may be planning a waterproof iPhone

Don't throw your iPhone in the snow just yet, but Apple is researching new ways to keep your devices safe from water damage.
    As reported by Apple Insider, the tech giant has filed a patent with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office described as "methods for shielding electronic components from moisture." While Apple filed the patent last March, it was published by the patent office on Thursday.

The patent shows a process in which some device components inside the device, like the main circuit board, would be coated with a hydrophobic material. The water resistant coating would ultimately keep critical parts of the device protected from damage caused by moisture.

Also included in the patent is a plan to use silicone seals to protect board to board connectors at the point of where they are connected.

So again, don't go taking a shower with your iPhone or anything, but perhaps a waterproof iPhone isn't that far off.

I ran over my first iphone over leaving my driveway. it fell out of my pocket as I got in. long story short. rear tire ran over it & cushioned by snow it just cracked the glass. worked for few months then normally then went doorstop. not bad . 3 iphones later and I still enjoy apple.