Junoir Member

Question Newbie Getting Started Guide- How to add Live TV to Kodi

Greetings to all from me in Port St. Lucie, FL. I've been using Kodi for a year now on 2 devices: A Zbox ID80 Windows 7 box (Kodi 15.2) and an MX 8 that's running the OpenElec distro.

I'm tired of chasing my tail trying to get RELIABLE Live TV with an EPG on at least one of my devices; What I've learned here is that there are donation-based IKS service options available... What I was hoping to find was a "Sticky" guide that would clarify the following:

1. Which service is my "best bet" for getting the closest US network channels here in FL?
    2. Are the donations per device or per user?
    3. Which service has demonstrated the best reliability track record?
    4. What is the price range for the donations?
    5. Once I choose a provider, what's the best way to deploy the add-ons & EPG minimizing the trial & error potential?

I'm sure that most- if not all- of these questions have been answered but I couldn't find them.

Thanks for your help and patience,
    gcapp99

If you just want the Florida locals you're in luck: go to USTVNOW.com and signup.

You can watch live TV on their site with guide, or install the USTV Now Plus addon in Kodi. And it's free.

You could also look at the US TV VoD addon, which is part of the xbmcplus repo.
    TVFan in the West

Kodi 17.1 RC with PVR Simple Client on PC using Win 10, and
    Kodi 17.1 RC with Stalker Client on PC using Xubuntu 16.04

Fire From Within

Sorry, had to move the thread, the tutorial section is for tutorials, not general questions. This site supports three iptv services that offer the same channels. See my signature for basic information. As for local channels, the service currently has NY and some Florida channels. For other 'live tv' you can find lots of free options for Kodi. We can't provide a tutorial on how to find those free options, they are up to you to find, and maybe let others here know about them.

Once you decide that the service is worth a try, you can use PVR Stalker on Kodi to get the channels, as well as an EPG. Just find the appropriate sticky for information about that in the Kodi Discussion.