Down KODI MAKERS MAD AT IPTV, piracy, WHAT GOOD IS KODI THEN IF CANT USE FOR MEDIA

I find it very condiscending that kodi creators want to ban iptv , piracy, and movie vod links, etc, or help with demise of many end users
    really what did they think the stupid media player would be useful for, making toast .

first off, they are open source, so that means they should be neutral in all matters anyway,
    second, open sorce means you can use the software as seen fit, for its usefulness, for the most part, while enriching the experience for others.
    now when people actually use kodi, the makers are mad at how and what people are using it for.

its just like when mp3 to cd ripping came about,

they said o what great technology that will change peoples lives,
    then when people actually started using it, they said no your not allowed to do that, cant copy that, can't burn that.
    your pirating,

so lets do this, lets find a stand alone app that runs stalker, and iptv,
    then no one will bother with kodi and these condescending open source media center creators.

bottom line, you made the app for the people to enjoy, now you wanna take away freedoms like this
    is somewhere other than america,

yes, piracy is dangerous, but
    communists and open source rederic is more

On a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam...
    Quote Originally Posted by fleisch80 View Post
    I find it very condiscending that kodi creators want to ban iptv , piracy, and movie vod links, etc, or help with demise of many end users
    really what did they think the stupid media player would be useful for, making toast .

first off, they are open source, so that means they should be neutral in all matters anyway,
    second, open sorce means you can use the software as seen fit, for its usefulness, for the most part, while enriching the experience for others.
    now when people actually use kodi, the makers are mad at how and what people are using it for.

its just like when mp3 to cd ripping came about,

they said o what great technology that will change peoples lives,
    then when people actually started using it, they said no your not allowed to do that, cant copy that, can't burn that.
    your pirating,

so lets do this, lets find a stand alone app that runs stalker, and iptv,
    then no one will bother with kodi and these condescending open source media center creators.

bottom line, you made the app for the people to enjoy, now you wanna take away freedoms like this
    is somewhere other than america,

yes, piracy is dangerous, but
    communists and open source rederic is more
    There already is, IPTV Emulator and "Other" boxes like MAG or AVOV that don't run kodi just iptv.
    Catch me smoking weed where the Wild things are.

TV Addicted
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
    Last edited by generica; 02-20-2016 at 02:59 AM.

shot me then

Junoir Member
    Used Kodi years ago still have it but to be honest it's crap surprised users still play with it! If you want to watch proper IPTV then get a MAG😀😀😀

kodi can pretend it isnt used for piracy all they want... everyone i know has always used it for playing crap they downloaded off the topsites, then the torrents.. now its streaming plugins.....

their claims of plugins working for a week then breaking and illegal use is also BS.. where i live, watching streams is not illegal, and they want to paint me as a criminal GET BENT!.. and btw the plugins i use have been working for over a year.. quit spreading misinformation..

they Dont want me to put their name on boxes i sell to people, fine. already have a fully rebranded android box version of Clairvoyance ready togo, along with compliant GPL source..
    Last edited by psycon; 02-17-2016 at 07:25 AM.

My questions is... are they really against piracy? Or they are just pretending that they are to avoid legal actions against them?

Quote Originally Posted by tito1982 View Post
    My questions is... are they really against piracy? Or they are just pretending that they are to avoid legal actions against them?
    It's the latter. I actually stopped using Kodi Addons a while back.The media player itself is not bad. I like it.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    my question is ...
    Did not XBMC leave XBox (microsoft) for reasons of which some were that the XBMC team had no control at what they could do under Xboxs rule?
    Remember that XBox is microsoft or is Bill Gates anyway, the master of control
    XBox stiffled the XBox Media Center (XBMC) platform to a point where XBMC decided to leave XBox behind, did they not ?
    The XBMC then gradually shifted away from XBox, and then to become Kodi
    That was done so they could work in a free environment, or was it not ?

I might be remembering that all wrong, but seems to me .... ummmm, I am confused now
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 02-17-2016 at 09:20 AM.
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Fire From Within

Here's a good summary.

Code:
     http://www.thestreamingadvisor.com/2016/02/17/what-the-kodi-war-is-all-about/
    It's all about brand control, and not being "associated" with piracy. There are lots of "approved' third-party add-ons that don't take unauthorized streams, but they realize that they wouldn't have been as popular without those unauthorized addons. Its a bad spot for the youtubers, as they are making their name and money on views regarding Kodi, but they can't use that logo without permission. Boxsellers who sell Kodi as a part of their box are in violation of the terms of use. I think the Kodi foundation is trying to ultimately monetize Kodi for themselves, but the "piracy" issue is too big to get over for the big companies who may want to include it in their offerings (like Amazon).
    Last edited by dara; 02-18-2016 at 02:16 AM.