Page 333 of 337 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 3362

Thread: Nite Owls..

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Little Bit of History for the Nite Time :

Code:
     https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/usa-viking-ship-discovered-near-mississipi-river/

Rocket Recovery Technician
    Oh well, It is hard to tell from the site. I guess some peeps have nothing better to do. When I was pretty young We lived over on the Piedmont Plateau close to Winston Salem, NC. When we would travel the old highway going through Boone NC around the Watauga Lake area there was an Archeological dig going on and they were digging up a large Indian Burial site that had been discovered during a construction project to widen the Highway and build an interchange. It was amazing to see the square foot string grids and the square with 1 inch grids they used as they went from 1 foot grid to 1 foot grid. The archeologist used soft brushes cleaning every thing, photographing and cataloging every little fragment of pottery, bone, tools or whatever was buried with each person and the position they were buried in. They were buried with legs crossed and arms folded. Everything was placed in the same order in every grave. The areas they were buried in were defined by their standing in the tribe and their family group. Good thing to watch but makes you wonder who will be looking over our bones and cataloging our crazy graveyard scheme. Indians were an intellectual and resourceful coalition of humans. They were fiercely Honorable and Loyal, They were also more civilized that most of the whites they met in their homelands. Too bad it cost them their entire way of life. Every time I watch the show Alone I think of how fragile modern man is and how easy it would be to kill ONE of us as compared to any member of a 1700s Plains Indian family. My paternal Great Grandmother was a full blood Cherokee Chiefs Daughter. I respect the greatness of the all the Tribes because they TRULY deserve it.

That is a very good pick for tonight 4me, hope it continues for all talkers for many years. Heart Doc put me on some cholesterol medicine, my bad is just a little high and my good is higher, but the total is 217. I am tired of this staying around home crap, and want to go back to working and walking around out in public. Got to get back in walking shape and running shape. I don't know about the two wheel bike deal, but I think I would like a Three wheel with a 21 speed derailleaur. lotta hills to climb and fly down.
    Night Owls take control of your health before you get too old to or it goes to far to fix. CANCER, heart disease and respiratory illness take out most of the people who die. If you are over 50 have all the tests run you can every four or five years. DO a good diet and exercise daily.
    Last edited by 12icer; 10-06-2020 at 02:33 AM.

"I don't know about the two wheel bike deal, but I think I would like a Three wheel with a 21 speed derailleaur. lotta hills to climb and fly down."

All 4me has seen have been Single Speed...!!! Would Love to have one a little more Stable Meself....Lol

Suppose One Could Easily bee Adapted...!!!

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    was that Sonny and Cher !!!??

My 75 year old Dad just bought a 'stable' machine. Its a Polaris 4 wheel drive , two seater.
    Get in and hang on !!!
    That's what my dad said to me. And of course had to first do up the 4 point harness.
    Then we went.

I knew I should not have went. I know my dad.. he is frigging off the wall !!!

That Polaris launch off a corner at speed and the left front end left the ground with the torque holding down the inside tires on the right side !!
    I was well impressed.
    My dad said... you ain't seen nothing !
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Yeah I have seen the singles, It would be hard to climb to the top if the hill I live on in a single speed. I do have an old Huffy bike with a two speed automatic in it. It is a low low and a pretty high overdrive. I have had it since 1961. The old bike is worn out, but the rear is okay. Coaster brake, half turn back to shift gears.
    Crazed, I don't know how they go through the woods that fast, I watched a video of a couple of peeps riding a trail through tight places and getting big air on a new can-am turbo, I wouldn't even think about getting in the thing, they were missing big trees by inches three feet off of the ground and probably at least 60 MPH on the straights they were close to 90 I'm sure. I may be wild but I don't want to be broke up for the few years an old man has left. I love speed, no top end, but I don't like the idea of living in a hospital bed..

Sorry, No Nite Owl 2nite, gotta get up early and fix some stuff...! Good Nite All, Stay Safe, Have a Great Night and May GOD Bless All...!!!

Nite owl is asleep here too Just a bump up.

NITE OWLS is dying, seems like I will be bumping it up to keep it in the relevant column. If it doesn't get more peeps though when election is over Ill let my old friends thread follow him.

Page 333 of 337 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335 ... LastLast