Page 331 of 337 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 3362

Thread: Nite Owls..

Rocket Recovery Technician
    Keeping this thread bumped up, KK started it and it needs to live on. It is just 8:30pm so not a LATE NITE OWL, but checking in and hoping all talkers that stay up late will get together and have a meaningful conversation about whatever they like here. Be safe and remember to help keep grandpa and grandma safe too by following the rules and stopping covid.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Lightbulb

Just Passing Through...!

Cool

Yeah living in Memphis when I was just out of Junior college, I went to all of the places that were wide open then and you could move around witout geting killed Jerry lee came to Bad Bobs and the Rendezvous all the time. If he was drunk he would play and sing, the best place to ever open in Memphis was Solomon Alfred's It was a big multi stage wide open venue, One of the people that came there pretty often back then was a little blonde girl that had a real big voice, She was a real knockout in more than one way Deborah Allen. Solomon Alfred's had a Country stage and a Rock stage with a small folk music balcony that had mostly duos and singles. Big game room and dance floor. Kids now don't know what life could be if they just knew what it was like to be in the rock and roll generation. The closest thing I have seen is the super concert series like they have in Europe and some bigger venues like around Atlanta and Nashville. Rockstar energy Mayhem festival was kind of like some of them, but the music was pretty much headbanger stuff. The larger European festivals are much better musically like Avici, Scorpions, ETC. I really like some of the newer tunes but I despise any form of rap. I didn't even like country rap songs much. The phantom 409 and things like that are okay, but they are not from singers. I like real singers not bill anderson.

This is Mayhem day 25 in Memphis. AT 2:36 and the opening picture the character with his hand raised and the yellow arm band is my youngest son with one of his friends the big one with the camera to HIS right. Turn down the sound the music they play for the video is VULGAR.

Last edited by 12icer; 09-21-2020 at 04:53 AM.

Good one 4me. They had a lot of good songs through the years.

I want to let you see a man from Memphis that was one of the best Guitarist I ever Knew playing at a memorial service. His Name was Buddy Church He played all over The Midsouth with a lot of people and in a lot of places. He was a treasure, and could make a guitar walk if he wanted I think I wish he had been given his due as a player before he died a few years ago.

Last edited by 12icer; 09-22-2020 at 02:30 AM.

Listen Close and You will hear some good smooth strings in this :

Code:
    https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/commercialappeal/obituary.aspx?n=buddy-church&pid=181191602
    The first time I saw Buddy was at a college performance of Black Oak. I bought a lot of guitar parts and guitars from him at the Guitar Center off of Stage Road and Germantown Pkwy in Germantown TN. The last time I saw him he said his cancer had come back and he was not going to be working for a while, It was about a year before he died. My grandson has A Gretch dark mahogany with gold hardware and a gold Bigsby Tremello, It is a real Guitar. Buddy had an old yellow Gibson I don't know what year 335 or 345 I had all the battle scars on it and he sold that at Guitar Center If I had any idea he would leave so soon I would have sold the house to own it. The history of something like that is priceless. I told him he needed to keep it when I saw it in the back room. But he didn't say yes or no we just went on to something else. He was a nice, humble, wonderful person and one of the best string benders to pick up a guitar.
    Last edited by 12icer; 09-22-2020 at 11:26 PM.

I got that same Impression about Him also...!!!

Page 331 of 337 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333 ... LastLast