When I lived and worked in Memphis there were a lot of musical groups there, And a lot of really good nightclubs. It was never a surprise to see some well known musician or singer come into some of them. I don't know it to be true but I would guess Buddy Church played with all of them some time or other. I remember seeing a lot of them in Bad Bobs Vapors, Hernando's Hideaway and Charlie Vargas Rendezvous, The clubs moved out of central in about 1980 or so and more to the east, but the some of the old ones are still there. They redid Beale street and it is nothing like the old clubs that used to be there, It is all tourist stuff same as New Orleans was before THE Hurricane. All of the old real things that made the places what they really were are gone along with the people who everybody knew and loved that ran them. They made money, and they had money But a wino could get a little to eat out the back door anytime even after hours cleanup. Different times my friend Be safe and watch the crazies out there.