Page 330 of 337 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 3362

Thread: Nite Owls..

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    we are currently experiencing one of the worst electric storms I have seen in my life !
    It started late this afternoon and has carried on into the night .
    One my way home from work , which are highway miles with no city lights to be blinded by, so on my way home it was a show all around me with Lightening of all types, Some seemed to be sheet lightening, some seemed to be inside clouds and act like a boiling cauldron, some was fork lightening from the ground and that stuff was intense and some was lightening bolts that crossed the sky, and again so frigging intense. I was actually quite frightened.
    On the way to work while it was still light out, there were some strange and extreme cloud formations and I knew we were in for a long night of storms.
    I am not embellishing any bit at all, this is one of and probably the worst and most intense Electrical Storm I have ever witnessed.
    I been hit by lightening once about 6 years ago, or maybe 8 years ago.
    I never actually was hit directly but the machinery that was next to me was hit and I at that exact same time touched the machinery with a wash gun wand and received a jolt like I have never felt before, it was so much pain all at once....I never want to feel that again !
    I can feel the electricity in the air tonight and it scares the hell outta me
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-12-2020 at 05:46 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Rocket Recovery Technician
    I don't blame you for that, I got bit by a 220 volt line and it hurt like hell, I had one friend duck under a tree in a storm and the tree got hit it burned him like he was cooked in an oven he died instantly. Another got hit in a boat fishing, and it blew holes as big as a half dollar in his heels, lost most of his hearing and made his sight dim. He had burns all along the path. He was on enough Morphine to just about kill a person just to keep from writhing in the pain. He never recovered enough to work or do much of anything after it. Yeah I don't blame you at all Bro, I don't like it either. Electricity is a bad thing when it gets loose, I was sitting in my car at the corner of Germantown Road, and HWY 64 in Germantown, TN, and a tie line came loose from one of the cable TV or phone lines about 4 0r 500 feet from me, The little tie line hit the 7200 line and arced them, the flash was so hot It felt like having your arm an inch from a welding flash through the rolled up glass at 4 to 500 feet. Hide from that stuff man, It has been SUPPOSED to rain here for days but I finally Just pin holed a few buckets and filled them up for the garden. Keep safe and well my friend.
    Last edited by 12icer; 08-13-2020 at 08:11 PM.

Early down last nite, didn't get to check and bump this up. The day is gonna be full today, and there's a lot of grass growing as soon as it is cut.

Cool

Nite Owl tonight. Mowed grass for 9 hours, stacked fence post for another hour, I am too tired to lay down, guess after the S-S-S I will be ready to flop. Keep the good times rollin talkers heres a little rooooollllliiiiinnn.

I used to be in the bowling alley In Corinth MS. shooting pool and listening to Creedence on the Juke box for hours at a time when this first came out. Ah to be that young again!!!! well just for the country to be like that again.

It was Corinth, MS., Pickwick Dam, TN. , Guys, TN. , Selmer, TN, , Adamsville, TN. , Memphis, Nashville, TN, Atlanta, GA, Birmingham, Florence, Mobile, Guntersville and Huntsville, AL. Then we all went to New Port Richie, Fla Stauffer Chemical, The WP ponds you know. Daytona, then Jax beach. driving super stock built Mustangs, Chevelles, Chargers, Road Runners, Camaros, GTOs, GTX's all got about 8 to 10 mpg. A lot died in the process. Lost quite a few friends to late night wrecks at three digit rolling. Keeping the Mississippi and the Tennessee rivers hot. Life for the generations that followed were never as easy as open roads and 100 plus runs for hours. Live while it's worth living my friends, It can all be gone anytime, and we may all be driving Yugo's.
    Last edited by 12icer; 08-20-2020 at 02:58 AM.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

LMAO...!!! 4me was down once, but, But, BUTT, Not Out...! Looking for Cheep Transportation, a Friend said They knew Someone with a car that had a Stick-Shift for $600. I told Him that I had $200. for a D/P if the Seller would except that and $50. every two weeks as that is how I was getting paid...! Saw Him that evening and He said the Lady would bee OK as long as He vouched for Me...! It was a Yugo, 4 Speed, Front-Wheel Drive with AM/FM Radio, A/C and a Sun-Roof...! Drove that Puddle Jumper for almost 2 Years...! Wish I had it Now... I could go out and about for almost a Month on a Tank of Gas...!!! Even able to do what was usually done in a Back Seat as the Front Seat went way forward and the back of it went all the way down...!!! The Hatch-back made it even more Fun to have...!! Thanks for the Memories R/T...!

Yeah I knew about riding in a Yugo I knew a couple of girls that drove one. Pretty good cars just hard to find parts for. Gonna b a long night with sonny boy doing a show. Nite Owl for sure tonight.

Back in the darkness, with a wide open eye, getting close to what should be bedtime, but not ready to lay me down, All you talkers be rested and find some peace of mind, it is all we really have to ease our pains.

Cool

Some day soon I am going to find my place of peace and sunshine, I seem to be running uphill all the time, and never get any closer to just doing what I want to do. I think I just want to go fishing on a 30 foot cabin style tritoon with a quiet generator a couple of good batteries a couple of 250 horse Hondas and a couple of good high thrust trolling motors. Ill tow a dingy with a three wheel Honda interstate, A good fridge and I can stay out for a couple of weeks at a time. Put in at Boat Harbor in Decatur and run west to Crossroads MS. hit the Tenn-tom to Bay Springs come back out head west to Pickwick, go to the Land Between the Lakes for a long stop Get ready for the trip to Paducah and The banks of the OHIO, and finally the Mississippi at Wickliffe, New Madrid, ALL the way to Memphis and stop at every place Then comes the real trip all the way to NO and The lake. Got kinpeeps at Covington, La. take a long time to get there and probably have to build a foot or two and change some props, but I won't care a bit, I could die in a tent on the river bank and not mind the passing. Too bad the water isn't like it was when I was a kid it was so clear you could open your eyes if it hadn't rained and got muddy and you could see all the way to the bottom if you were on the shelf of the shore. Find your happy place talkers, it is the only way to peace.
    Last edited by 12icer; 08-28-2020 at 01:27 AM.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Watching HSN trying to sell Official Licensed NFL Gear while waiting for Kitty to come in for Her Late Night/Early Morning Snack...!!!

Hope All have a Peaceful Sleep and get to Wake Up in the Morning, Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed... Oh, Wait, Don't Rub Your Eyes before Washing Your Face as One doesn't know where Ones Hands have been while Asleep...!!!

Yeah 4me we have a new litter of 8 kitties we have to find some kids who need a pet. We have one that has a URI that has cost us 70 dollars. One of my neighbors died of cancer a little over a year ago, and his menagerie was bout 50 cats and a dozen dogs. when his family removed most of them the ones they left came to the house and my wife started feeding them they were about 6 little ones, no one wanted them and they grew up coming by to get food here. There were two females and they have had two litters this year, the first was 7 and it cost us 160 dollars in medicine and vets to watch them all die of a URI. This time only one has it and so far we are keeping him getting better a little at a time. It will be cheaper to have the females spayed and a lot less stressful than trying to keep all of the offspring going. Well my friend it's late or early if you just got up like me, I am getting in the morning shower to wake up or get ready for another sleep. Be safe and watch for the leftist they are extremely dangerous to all normal peeps.

Page 330 of 337 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332 ... LastLast