Page 332 of 337 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 3362

Thread: Nite Owls..

Rocket Recovery Technician
    When I lived and worked in Memphis there were a lot of musical groups there, And a lot of really good nightclubs. It was never a surprise to see some well known musician or singer come into some of them. I don't know it to be true but I would guess Buddy Church played with all of them some time or other. I remember seeing a lot of them in Bad Bobs Vapors, Hernando's Hideaway and Charlie Vargas Rendezvous, The clubs moved out of central in about 1980 or so and more to the east, but the some of the old ones are still there. They redid Beale street and it is nothing like the old clubs that used to be there, It is all tourist stuff same as New Orleans was before THE Hurricane. All of the old real things that made the places what they really were are gone along with the people who everybody knew and loved that ran them. They made money, and they had money But a wino could get a little to eat out the back door anytime even after hours cleanup. Different times my friend Be safe and watch the crazies out there.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Exclamation

Yeppers, the Times They Do Bee A Changing :

Last edited by 4me2c; 09-23-2020 at 08:20 AM.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    The GTP is the 6 cylinder.
    The GTX is the 8 cylinder.
    Both are Supercharged !

It's like the response of a street Bike, but in a car.
    Nuts !

"The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Morning coffee is not so good today, just got word another old friend has left us. Frank was around 50 a Veteran of a few tours in Iraq and his knees were crushed when the Humvee he was in pinned him after it ran over an IED. He Never stopped though he had many demons with a bad case of PTSD. He was a member of the Operating Engineers and a very good fearless Operator he would climb an excavator up a mountain and hang by the boom to work. His Father died about two years ago and his was the largest crowd I have ever seen at any Funeral it looked like a Capitol Rotunda wake. It took me two hours to get to the casket and I came pretty early. There were peeps outside filling the entire area around the Funeral home. That is a record for an 80 year old persons funeral.

On a better note 4me that is a really good song for the times very relevant to everything going around. All you talkers take care of yourself and keep safe. Tomorrow is not promised and we must do what we can to wake up with the peeps we love in this world and to be able to take the right train when we can't.

Not real late for a Nite Owl, but I have been up a long time.

I think this has been posted somewhere on the forum but the song is just part of the story, This cover is a complete change of direction from the NIN song.

Nine inch nails should have made more of this song, the Master in Black hit it out of the park.

I have a video somewhere of him playing This alone on the stage in the store with people walking all around it was the last time he played before dying the next day.

Miss a lot of these old REAL MUSIC Players. I like a lot of new REAL MUSIC, but rap and crap don't impress me as anything but worthless. There are too many good musicians and singer out there in the world that can make clowns out of clowns.
    Last edited by 12icer; 09-24-2020 at 09:31 PM.

Starting the night owl shift, but gonna lay me down to sleep soon. I am tired and the eyes are getting heavy. All you talkers keep safe and let the good dreams take you to the white clouds in a blue sky, or a crimson, blue and purple sunset behind snow capped mountains, or a double golden sunset over glass smooth blue waters.

Right ON 4me, ASK and YE SHALL RECEIVE!! The night went too fast I am gonna nap before 11a and get up a bout 3p to mow a few acres. pretty cool in riverbend time to go to east Tennessee for the fall foliage soon, taking the big Sonycam and making a video from Chattanooga to Murphy and Murphy to Jellico. May have time to make Jellico to Winton Salem. Like to make one of BOONE NC in the winter snow and My ancestral home between Grandfather Mountain and Mt Mitchell. Between Newland, NC. and Spruce Pine, NC. For most of them. The ones that moved in town moved mostly on to Knoxville and the Oak Ridge facility.

Last edited by 12icer; 09-29-2020 at 04:01 PM.

Page 332 of 337 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334 ... LastLast