Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Sorry dara but I don't see it on the site... I just see the repo

TV Addicted
    the updater does work with the built in version but it only brings in 1 part of the epg the size is 16.850 it seems tobe updating certain channels ive tried it a couple of times. tuxen it is cacheing the file its not brining in the whole epg under remote or local its exactly the same and ive deleted it and tried both ways local and remote the only difference i can tell is remote and xmltv only setting brings the color with the epg if set to prefer its grey

TV Addicted
    swisstribe above the repo you will see pvr.stalker.nfps/ <----click that folder to enter and all versions are in there

TV Addicted
    Seems the site is temporarily down. I had just accessed it earlier today as my father mentioned the EPG was off, lol. He's a happy camper either way now with your addon, hope the downtime is deliberate and nothing that causes a headache!

Cheers!

wtf.. damn server update borked the server. im on it
    edit: webpage restored
    Last edited by psycon; 02-20-2016 at 02:18 AM.

PVR Stalker Client

I'm running kodi 15.2 and installed the epg update plugin. I'm using the stalker client as the nfps client is giving me a run dll error. I have everything working fine expect the guide. I can't seem the find the epg xml file to set the local path to. Running a tronsmart android box
    Thanks

tux tux tux
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler09876 View Post
    I'm running kodi 15.2 and installed the epg update plugin. I'm using the stalker client as the nfps client is giving me a run dll error. I have everything working fine expect the guide. I can't seem the find the epg xml file to set the local path to. Running a tronsmart android box
    Thanks
    set scope to local path and browse to: 'External storage/Android/org.xmbc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.stalker/' and select the epg_xmltv.xml file.
    clear data under system->tv and it will load.
    IMPORTANT: you need to turn on hidden files and directories under 'system->appearance->file lists' first, or the .kodi directory in the path will not be visible.
    Last edited by tuxen; 02-20-2016 at 11:12 PM.
    “there is nothing wrong with being insane, as long as you know it yourself.”

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxen View Post
    instead of downloading to the pvr dir if you run the normal nfps client i 'modified' the script to download to the service.stalkerEpgUpdate directory and then just load it as normal in pvr.stalker 16 or 15 this feels more natural to load the file this way. also since i couldn't get it to think it had a cache file no matter what did, the same happened from some of my family, i honestly dont know why maybe because some had the cache function off to start with. (i of cause turned it on)

pointing to the file worked as a charm the first time. it does seem to have some obvious advantages.

anyway i'm loving the simplicity of the addon, the cron function. and of cause the obvious ingenuity that comes with it, i really hope you keep it for the built in stalker, even if it becomes integrated in stalker nfps.
    using the method above works really good with it, i only moved the file to not interfere with kodi 16 natural cache function, so it wont matter if its off or on. and the addon's data dir seemed obvious.

thanks

Yes setting the download location for the epg and using the local url in stalker is probably the best.

I don't use the nfps client but I believe it does not have the local url option. Perhaps? That's what psycon mentioned to me. And the only for nfps clients to load epg was to trick it by updating the cache

Not sure what the advantage of using the nfps client vs stalker is other than initial setup (which is Easy anyway)

Ill add a setting that let's specify the download folder for the epg in the epg addon

Still getting Stalker EPG Updater Error with kodi 16... latest updater and latest stalker nfps.... on two different installs on pc... what am I doing g wrong?

tux tux tux
    Quote Originally Posted by johoja View Post

Yes setting the download location for the epg and using the local url in stalker is probably the best

I don't use the nfps client but I believe it does not have the local url option. Perhaps?

That's what psycon mentioned to me. And the only for nfps clients to load epg was to trick it by updating the cache
    Not sure what the advantage of using the nfps client vs stalker is other than initial setup (which is Easy anyway)

Ill add a setting that let's specify the download folder for the epg in the epg addon
    exactly it does not have that option to choose a file manually hence the cache workaround.
    a download location for the normal stalker client would be very nice, thank you very much.

the next version of stalker 'nfps' is supposed have it all built in, so the advantage is the initial setup for new users.
    but for those who can/does not use it for different reasons, the above option would come very handy.

i suppose at that time the stalker nfps cache workaround should be disabled anyway.
    but it would be fantastic with a epg updater for the built in stalker client.

thanks again!

and to the epg team i cant say enough how much this should be appreciated, a enormous work must have gone into putting this together, so give thanks to psycon, blackbear, and all the others helping us getting a great epg, their ideas, and bits and pieces. .
    Last edited by tuxen; 02-21-2016 at 10:15 PM. Reason: i spell and explain myself as a broken arm sometimes, not being native does not exactly help either. heh
    “there is nothing wrong with being insane, as long as you know it yourself.”

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast