Thread: tutorials

Junoir Member

tutorials

I've been reading this forum for a few weeks and can't decide if I should make a donation. Most instructions are out of date. Lots of people seem to be having issues with iks66. There seems to be a lot of confusion with mac id, donation #, route #, how to check/change a mac etc... Is there a simple step by step tutorial on how to make a donation and then how to configure a mag 254 STB emulator ?
    Last edited by iptv_watcher; 02-04-2016 at 04:42 AM.

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by iptv_watcher View Post
    I've been reading this forum for a few weeks and can't decide if I should make a donation. Most instructions are out of date. Lots of people seem to be having issues with iks66. There seems to be a lot of confusion with mac id, donation #, route #, how to check/change a mac etc... Is there a simple step by step tutorial on how to make a donation and then how to configure a mag 254 STB emulator ?
    If you let me know which tutorial you are looking at, I'll see where it needs to be updated, if at all. The biggest difference is only the inclusion of the login/password which only was implemented yesterday . For the donation checkers, it now requires the order number, also changed yesterday. The tutorials may have been written months ago, but they really aren't that far from what is actually required.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    If you let me know which tutorial you are looking at, I'll see where it needs to be updated, if at all. The biggest difference is only the inclusion of the login/password which only was implemented yesterday . For the donation checkers, it now requires the order number, also changed yesterday. The tutorials may have been written months ago, but they really aren't that far from what is actually required.
    How about creating a simple start to finish tutorial on how to make a donation ? The 2nd tutorial I'd like to see is how to configure the Mag 254 Emulator. I think the majority of noobs will benefit from simple tutorials instead of having to read through multiple threads that may be outdated.

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by iptv_watcher View Post
    How about creating a simple start to finish tutorial on how to make a donation ? The 2nd tutorial I'd like to see is how to configure the Mag 254 Emulator. I think the majority of noobs will benefit from simple tutorials instead of having to read through multiple threads that may be outdated.
    Read the basics in my signature as a start. It goes through how you get a donation. After that, pick a method that you wish to connect with... If you want the 254 box, its simple... link the mac that is assigned to that box with your donation, and enter your portal url. The STB Emulator is basically the same, but you make up your own MAC.

Like I said, identify the tutorials you think are outdated, and someone will verify that it needs to be updated. Getting a donation is different than configuring a device, so no one is going to write a start to finish on that.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    Read the basics in my signature as a start. It goes through how you get a donation. After that, pick a method that you wish to connect with... If you want the 254 box, its simple... link the mac that is assigned to that box with your donation, and enter your portal url. The STB Emulator is basically the same, but you make up your own MAC.

Like I said, identify the tutorials you think are outdated, and someone will verify that it needs to be updated. Getting a donation is different than configuring a device, so no one is going to write a start to finish on that.
    Thanks Dara. Your tutorial in your signature looks easy for someone like me to follow.