Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Dana White: Ronda Rousey is 'the female version' of

Dana White: Ronda Rousey is 'the female version' of Mike Tyson

After staying undefeated at UFC 184 on Saturday night in Los Angeles, Ronda Rousey is doing something special in the sport of mixed martial arts. That's made all the more true when one factors in her dispatching of top contender Cat Zingano in a mere 14 seconds in the first round.

The domination she's showing is so impressive, it's drawing comparisons to the peak reign of former boxing heavyweight champion Mike Tyson. Just as Tyson would dispatch seemingly top contenders with ease, Rousey is doing just that. It's not a contest of whether she'll beat her opposition, but how fast.

"There's no doubt about it," UFC president Dana White said at the post-fight presser when asked about whether it was appropriate to make the comparison between Rousey and Tyson.

"She is - without a doubt - that female version of him," he continued. "I told her. We just talked about this. It got to a point with the Tyson thing where...well, tonight. Let's talk about tonight.

"You guys have been around the fight game a long time," White told the media. "There's very few situations where a fight goes 14 seconds and the crowd is cheering and going crazy, looking at each other with their mouths open."

According to White, however, that's just what happened at the Staples Center on Saturday night. And there's a very good reason for it, he noted.

"Everybody knows how awesome Ronda is, but everybody was looking at everybody with their mouths open because she was fighting Cat Zingano. This was going to be a tough-ass fight."

After moving to 11-0 in her professional fighting career, White believes Rousey is so far past her contemporaries that there's no way to deny her.

"Ronda is definitely there," White reaffirmed. "That's exactly what she reminds me of. The answer is yes."

cat's mistake was rushing her so fast , trip fall roll over and arm lock. a rematch should happen cause it was not much of a fight at 14 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by alphablondy View Post
    cat's mistake was rushing her so fast , trip fall roll over and arm lock. a rematch should happen cause it was not much of a fight at 14 seconds.
    I think they will do it again......its all about the money!

yup see just said she would

Junoir Member
    I used to like Rousey. I used to like Anderson Silva. But she's become too "cocky" for her own good and personally I can't wait until someone comes along and knocks her ass off that high and mighty pedestal she's placed herself on.

Fire From Within

I think being humble is just as dangerous as overconfidence in MMA. At least she doesn't run away from losing her 0 like another fighter in the prime of the career like Mayweather. On the fight Cat got too aggressive knowing her best chance was to surprise with a strike, and lost the bet.

Junoir Member
    Rousey was just the superior fighter plain and simple. if they ever fight again maybe it will go 40 seconds

Well the spent about 14 seconds of energy....might as well fight next week again............

Joe Rogan said today she can beat 50% of the bantam weight men's division. if he puts his money where his mouth is then i say .
    then let her start cracking skulls in the men's division if she has no competition left. i doubt it would happen tho in reality

Needs to fight cyborg then we'll see how good she is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast