On a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam...

Question Pulsar add-on and Amazon Fire TV

Good morning iptv friends

Just got a quick question for people using Android Fire TV box, just got my hands on on this product and I must say I like it. Coming from Raspberry Pi 2 it's a big improvement. So my question is as follows I had no problems of using Pulsar addon on the Pi but it seems like I can't get it to work on fire tv is there a bug/issue with android supporting Pulsar? first of all the Pulsar daemon doesn't start after start up of Kodi, then when I try to open it it wont open just crashes with a error saying to check the logs, Plexus addon which uses torrents like Pulsar is not working either. Is it just me or is this a known issue?

Thank you all.
    Catch me smoking weed where the Wild things are.

not a member
    Just curious, why are you using these torrent apps? If you want to do torrents use a computer. Not much space on a Fire TV for decent torrents. If your using them for streaming, are they not slow?

You couldn't pay me enough to use any device from amazon or apple...My brother got some hate mail from a production company in Cali for downloading a torrent a few years back..there is no need to download anything in Kodi

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    Just curious, why are you using these torrent apps? If you want to do torrents use a computer. Not much space on a Fire TV for decent torrents. If your using them for streaming, are they not slow?
    I was thinking about that my self, in the end I think it's just a precaution if one or two addons would fail I would have something to fall back on.

And I understand what you're saying, I've been doing torrents for a long time now and always been using Ubuntu server with Deluge plus Plex on it. So like I was saying I think it's just a staying secure if one addon fails I can have something to fall back on.

Quote Originally Posted by sat-junkie View Post
    You couldn't pay me enough to use any device from amazon or apple...My brother got some hate mail from a production company in Cali for downloading a torrent a few years back..there is no need to download anything in Kodi
    Sh*t that blows big time... But how would they know what your brother is downloading? Sh*t like that should be reported rite away so people can patch things up.

As for downloading there is an option in Pulsar for the file to be deleted rite after it stops playing.

IMHO torrents/torrent based plugins are not safe and shouldnt be used.. movie industry joins all the torrents from public trackers of their movies and gets your isp to send you cease and desist letters.. copyright holders can choose to sue offenders, and you can even get charge for pirtacy (although i have never heard of this happening)

it is best to use plugins that use streaming sites and not p2p.. the movie industry has no idea what anyone is downloading..

not a member
    Quote Originally Posted by sat-junkie View Post
    I have two Fire TVs 1st and 2nd Gen as well as a Fire Stick. They all work great and have never had any issues with them. Fire Stick is a bit slow though compared to the Fire TVs but it works for what I use it for which is for travel.

not a member
    Quote Originally Posted by aCiDjEsUs View Post
    I was thinking about that my self, in the end I think it's just a precaution if one or two addons would fail I would have something to fall back on.

And I understand what you're saying, I've been doing torrents for a long time now and always been using Ubuntu server with Deluge plus Plex on it. So like I was saying I think it's just a staying secure if one addon fails I can have something to fall back on.
    You might want to read up on how torrents work and how they find you. You may not get in trouble but you get to many letters your ISP may cancel your internet service. If your using a computer, at least their is software that can block most of the trackers that are can get you in to trouble and I don't know if they have that for android devices.

There are so many plugins out there that you should never have an issue watching streaming stuff. P2P is way to risky if you do not have a way to block bad trackers and then your still not 100% secure.

very true info sometime its hard to know if your a newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    I have two Fire TVs 1st and 2nd Gen as well as a Fire Stick. They all work great and have never had any issues with them. Fire Stick is a bit slow though compared to the Fire TVs but it works for what I use it for which is for travel.
    I'm just not a fan of em...I'm sure they do the job..I'm a fanboy of the MXIII boxes.