Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Mag 254 from Infomir

I am considering ordering this Box from the Infomir website >h$$p://cart.infomirusa.com .My local SAT dealer is selling these Boxes for $199 with channels loaded. Infomir is selling this unit for $73.90 with nothing installed.My question can this unit be set up using the guide written here? And with any software.I am an older fellow and would appreciate any advice in getting this unit on line,thanks in advance.Drew

In my opinion it would be foolish to spend all that extra money for a loaded unit. You can be up on it for our trial in 10-15 min. channel lists can take a little longer but easy. I would suggest an android box to go along with the mag..JMO
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Besides what kool liosted, I must add that other private servers are not supported here. Save yourself some dough and learn about your receiver by setting it up yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by K00lKatT View Post
    In my opinion it would be foolish to spend all that extra money for a loaded unit. You can be up on it for our trial in 10-15 min. channel lists can take a little longer but easy. I would suggest an android box to go along with the mag..JMO
    Quote Originally Posted by BIO View Post
    Besides what kool liosted, I must add that other private servers are not supported here. Save yourself some dough and learn about your receiver by setting it up yourself.
    Thanks for your advice guys,will look also for an android box.The guide here is pretty straight forward.Retiring my Fta boxes.

I'm not retiring my fta just yet- but I still have bud dishes up

XBMC/KODI will give you access to just about anything that has ever aired on a tv. No commercials for the shows you usually watch too

BTW, I got my mag from infomir with absolutely no probs...just so you know..
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Quote Originally Posted by BIO View Post
    I'm not retiring my fta just yet- but I still have bud dishes up

XBMC/KODI will give you access to just about anything that has ever aired on a tv. No commercials for the shows you usually watch too
    My Sat dish would cost me more to repair than a new Mag254.Been looking at xmb/kodi and will install and test on my PC.Now to look for android boxes,Thanks BIO and KoolKat thats good to know!!

my suggestion is to buy a mag 254 with wifi adapter from infomir and load it yourself. if you want to save money & best way to learn the in and outs of the box.
    all the resources are here IPTVTALK to get u up and running, in addition the most knowledgeable user help in the forums to resolve any issues that may arise. that extra money that your local dealer would get could buy you an android box for Kodi.

Quote Originally Posted by alphablondy View Post
    my suggestion is to buy a mag 254 with wifi adapter from infomir and load it yourself. if you want to save money & best way to learn the in and outs of the box.
    all the resources are here IPTVTALK to get u up and running, in addition the most knowledgeable user help in the forums to resolve any issues that may arise. that extra money that your local dealer would get could buy you an android box for Kodi.
    Thanks Alphablondy,I see an WiFi adapter on on the Infomirsite.Been reading the guide here.I would like some advice on the Android Box I should look at please.

get android with quad cpu and octo gpu...some very good ones out there, mine is mygica but there are very good other ones also, Dreamlink, Minix, matricom boxes, etc...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast