Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Question MAG and AVOV - Password/Username Authentication - Tutorial

This tutorial is based on previous experience with Username/Password Authentication on a MAG 254 / AVOV VIXO 1 / TVOnline+ units

For MAG units:

When your Username/Password Authentication is implemented I suggest rebooting your device.

If Rocket is your only Portal, your device will automatically boot into the Rocket Portal. If you have multiple portals select the Rocket portal, and it will load.

You will now see the Authentication Bar load up in the background, but you will now be prompted to enter your Username/Password (Donation #), once you enter that hit OK.

In some cases it will look like you have entered your Password incorrectly with a red "X".

This is ok, all you have to do it reset your MAG device at this point, and reload the portal. The Authentication Bar will pop up on the screen and will load like normal into the Rocket portal. You should only be prompted to enter your Username/Password (Donation #) once per MAC change or Authentication Probelms. If you are prompted for your Username/Password more than once it is likely you have entered the incorrect information.

A reboot is recommended after Authentication details have been entered in correctly.

--------------------------------------------------

AVOV units:

If you already have the Rocket server information in your device, go to the settings area where you enter all your Portal information to log into Rocket servers.

At this point all you will have to do is edit your current information and hit the "Use Credentials" field and this will give you access to enter your Username/Password (Donation #). Save your information and reboot your device. It should connect without issue at this point.

As for specific details on AVOV TVonline V2 / AVOV TVonline+ / AVOV VIXO 1 / AVOV VIXO 2 I would suggest looking in the AVOV section on the forums for further assistance. The above information is the general guide to adding Username/Password Authentication to those units.
    Last edited by thegame15; 02-02-2016 at 03:17 PM.

Probation
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame15 View Post
    This tutorial is based on previous experience with Username/Password Authentication on a MAG 254 / AVOV VIXO 1 / TVOnline+ units

For MAG units:

When your Username/Password Authentication is implemented I suggest rebooting your device.

If Rocket is your only Portal, your device will automatically boot into the Rocket Portal. If you have multiple portals select the Rocket portal, and it will load.

You will now see the Authentication Bar load up in the background, but you will now be prompted to enter your Username (Donation #), once you enter that hit OK.

You will now be prompted to enter your Password (Donation #), once again you will have to hit OK. In some cases it will look like you have entered your Password incorrectly with a red "X".

This is ok, all you have to do it reset your MAG device at this point, and reload the portal. The Authentication Bar will pop up on the screen and will load like normal into the Rocket portal. You should only be prompted to enter your Username/Password (Donation #) once per MAC change. If you are prompted for your Username/Password more than once it is likely you have entered the incorrect information.

A reboot is recommended after Authentication details have been entered in correctly.

--------------------------------------------------

AVOV units:

If you already have the Rocket server information in your device, go to the settings area where you enter all your Portal information to log into Rocket servers.

At this point all you will have to do is edit your current information and hit the "Use Credentials" field and this will give you access to enter your Username/Password (Donation #). Save your information and reboot your device. It should connect without issue at this point.

As for specific details on AVOV TVonline V2 / AVOV TVonline+ / AVOV VIXO 1 / AVOV VIXO 2 I would suggest looking in the AVOV section on the forums for further assistance. The above information is the general guide to adding Username/Password Authentication to those units.
    Thank you. So for clarification our donation number is used as both the username and password? Also, as of February 1st, will we have to enter the username and password each time we turn on the box?

Quote Originally Posted by kryton619 View Post
    Thank you. So for clarification our donation number is used as both the username and password? Also, as of February 1st, will we have to enter the username and password each time we turn on the box?
    Yes, Donation number = Username/Password.

For MAG it should only ask you once, if you choose to switch to PVR.Stalker, and back to your MAG it will likely ask you again for your username/password. Once per MAC change.

For AVOV you just add the username/password under "Use Credentials" and you should be good to go regardless of MAC changes.

do you ahve any information on how this will work for other stb units out here?

wtf? that net speed
    When will this be implemented? I have yet to see it pop up on my MAG254 and I rebooted it a couple of minutes ago.
    Syaoran

MAG254
    330Mbit down/20Mbit up

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
    When will this be implemented? I have yet to see it pop up on my MAG254 and I rebooted it a couple of minutes ago.
    Don't plan your day around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme View Post
    do you ahve any information on how this will work for other stb units out here?
    There is a new version of PVR.Stalker 1.0.3 (version: 20160131) thats is released for Kodi
    STB Emulator 0.7.10 has been released to accept username/password authentication.

Quote Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
    Like dara said Don't plan your day around it lol. It may only happen tomorrow, it could happen in the middle of the day. D-Day is here and it can happen at any moment.

TV Addicted
    am using Avov 2 each time the box is rebooted it is requesting the login and password will this change it's a lot of work

Quote Originally Posted by apclarke87 View Post
    am using Avov 2 each time the box is rebooted it is requesting the login and password will this change it's a lot of work
    All servers are currently under maintenance for the time being. I have not personally tested or seen an Avov 2, but it could be due to connection problems as of late so the request isn't working or saving. Have you saved your username/password under you server setting under "Use Credentials"?

Probation
    Will there be an anouncement when the mantenance is done? My avov online+ wont even accept my donation # as username/password. Not sure if this is happening to others?

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast