to use emulator or not and what are you happy with

look i use a emulator for testing but i run mag 254 and avov for me i still have problems with the emulator

Fire From Within

I think the emulator is only a stop gap... too hard for some to make it work and then there are other problems that aren't on the Mag 254. I'd rather access the Stalker middleware with something that is open source, like Kodi on Android. I like the Kodi plug-in better, but we won't know how it actually work when the rest of the service comes up (like the EPG and validation)

I have used them all of the emulators (mag 250 for mygica, and the other stb emulator at the google store) and I have to say the one I like the best is the stalker pvr for Kodi. Works great on kodi on mygica android and windows kkodi. I have had horrible issues with all of them with freezing and what not but last night I decided to do an ip release and renew on my router and what do you know, It fixed most of my issues. Although I have had some freezing on discovery today all the other channels work perfectly now. I was at my wits end.

For those that don't have a mag the emulators are a great way to decide if they want to spend their hard earned money on one. For some, the emulator works just fine and I can admit that most of what I've watched is on the emulator I have on my dreamlink. Dreamlink is usually already on for xbmc so it's right there and handy.

I use vasilchmax and play around with the media players a lot- think the one I'm trying now is called iptv player. I can see many that start off with an emulator moving on to a dedicated stb later on.