Junoir Member

Secure payments?

Hey everyone,

New to the forum here but I'm getting ready to learn and teach where I can.

I'm looking to sign up with one of the 3 IPTV providers but my only concern is the payment method. You hear all kinds of stories in regards to unsecure payments (paypal, credit cards, etc.) - so I was just wondering where we stand with our payment options here and the risk level?

I'm not too familiar with the available payment gateways, are TrustPay GlobeBill and PayEase secure services to pay direct with? Or is it recommended to use a VCC or gift CC?

Curious to know. Any insights appreciated

I use a pre-pay CC from the Canadian post office on Rocket and Iks66 always get my confirmation email within seconds
    Search and you shall find. Ask and you shall receive. Give me beer friends for life

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big dady View Post
    I use a pre-pay CC from the Canadian post office on Rocket and Iks66 always get my confirmation email within seconds
    Nice.. I've always wondered about the CC's from Canada Post. Are they re-loadable at all? I'm assuming they arent though. Can you purchase a card for any amount?

I picked up a 1 monther as a trial and just used an Entropay VCC... got my confirmation within seconds as well but using I guess using a gift card or pre-paid card that was bought at the store is the most anonymous route.

What about everyone else? How do you make your payments?

I just used my MasterCard
    Two of the greatest qualities
    to have in live are:

PATIENCE
    and
    WISDOM

Quote Originally Posted by tvboxguy View Post
    Nice.. I've always wondered about the CC's from Canada Post. Are they re-loadable at all? I'm assuming they arent though. Can you purchase a card for any amount?

I picked up a 1 monther as a trial and just used an Entropay VCC... got my confirmation within seconds as well but using I guess using a gift card or pre-paid card that was bought at the store is the most anonymous route.

What about everyone else? How do you make your payments?
    Canada Post has 2 types of Credit Cards, one is the Canada Post Visa gift card and can only be loaded 1 time with a minimum of $25 and a maximum of $250, and depending which denomination of money you will apply will consist of a loading fee of $3.95 - $6.95 depending how much you load on it. This gift card you can register online with real/fake information to purchase online and does work internationally.

Then you have the Canada Post prepaid Visa card this one is reloadable but you will have to give them your personal information (drivers license) to register and they will send you a personalized card with your name in the mail but you will have a temporary card, it can have a maximum limit of $10,000, and can only load a minimum of $25 up to a maximum of $500 per transaction.

So those are you choices from Canada Post, If your trying to be anonymous then the Canada post gift card version. I've seen people use this one for years now with out issues, although there are other hidden fees you need to account for when using it for international purchases. Do your home work, hope I was helpful.

Junoir Member
    Very helpful! Much thanks for all of the details and comparison between the two cards.