Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Use this MAC Address for Your STB Emulator

Now that I got you to open the thread I'm going to explain how to find your mac address and why you should use yours when using any emulator. The stb emulators allow android devices or pc's to connect to the iptv server just like your mag 25x would. The mac address it uses has to be assigned by you.

For a pc emulator, press and hold the windows key and press the letter r on your keyboard. This opens up a run box near the start menu. Type in
    Code:
    cmd
    and press enter. This puts you into dos, the ancient operating system that come before winders. Type in
    Code:
    ipconfig /all
    and press enter. This tells you your mac address for your net devices, your ip, and your network state.

Take the mac address it gave you and write down the last half of it, the entire mac will look like aa:bb:cc:00:11:22 and 00:11:22 will be what you're looking for. Use those last 6 numbers or letters in the mac of your chosen emulator. Do not use 00:11:22, use your mac! The first three pairs tell what the device manufacturer is and the last 3 sets are the individual device identification.

For an android emulator, you can turn it over and look on the bottom. If that's not an option then select or go into the settings or setup menu. You will see wifi, ethernet, more, sound, etc as options going down the left side of the screen when there. Scroll down all the way to the about option at the bottom. Will probably display about and then the name of your device. Select it and then select Status. There it will show your ip address, mac address, and wifi address.

Take the mac address it gave you and write down the last half of it, the entire mac will look like aa:bb:cc:00:11:22 and 00:11:22 will be what you're looking for. Use those last 6 numbers or letters in the mac of your chosen emulator. Do not use 00:11:22, use your mac! The first three pairs tell what the device manufacturer is and the last 3 sets are the individual device identification.

Here is why. When you connect to a server, a router, or any other device your mac address says what the device is. The first three say who made the device and the last three are the individual identification of the device. If two devices connect at the same time with the same mac address there is no way to tell the two apart. So any information needing to be sent to one of those either gets sent to both or neither.

So the way it is handled is either. 1. network devices will only allow one mac to connect and deny the second. 2. one connects and then when the second applies to connect it disconnects one to connect another and switches between the two. or 3. Both devices are refused. Neither option is good.

The first three sets for emulators are always "00:1A:78", and use those last three sets for your emulator.

The complete MAC is used to to link to your donation.
    Last edited by dara; 08-27-2015 at 08:31 PM.

Use this MAC Address for Your STB Emulator

Now that I got you to open the thread I'm going to explain how to find your mac address and why you should use yours when using any emulator. The stb emulators allow android devices or pc's to connect to the iptv server just like your mag 25x would. The mac address it uses has to be assigned by you.

For a pc emulator, press and hold the windows key and press the letter r on your keyboard. This opens up a run box near the start menu. Type in
    Code:
    cmd
    and press enter. This puts you into dos, the ancient operating system that come before winders. Type in
    Code:
    ipconfig /all
    and press enter. This tells you your mac address for your net devices, your ip, and your network state.

For an android emulator, you can turn it over and look on the bottom. If that's not an option then select or go into the settings or setup menu. You will see wifi, ethernet, more, sound, etc as options going down the left side of the screen when there. Scroll down all the way to the about option at the bottom. Will probably display about and then the name of your device. Select it and then select Status. There it will show your ip address, mac address, and wifi address.

Here is why. When you connect to a server, a router, or any other device your mac address says what the device is. The first three say who made the device and the last three are the individual identification of the device. If two devices connect at the same time with the same mac address there is no way to tell the two apart. So any information needing to be sent to one of those either gets sent to both or neither.

So the way it is handled is either. 1. network devices will only allow one mac to connect and deny the second. 2. one connects and then when the second applies to connect it disconnects one to connect another and switches between the two. or 3. Both devices are refused. Neither option is good.

Either way, use your own last 3 sets for your emulator mac. Thanks

yea it should be done that way soon when we go private we will start seeing problems with emulators and mac address can see it now

Fire From Within

I think the fear is that someone will be able to spoof a valid MAC from a supported device, like the MAGs, making the MAG useless because you can't easily change the hardware encoded MAC. I think the first check should be against a donation number, then to the MAC, should be enough to make a unique key that is useable on a single box.

I'm not going into the security aspect in the post, just the need to use your own mac from the device you're using instead of changing the last 1 or 2 from zeros. Pretty sure with things the way they are now that donation code will be the main decider for letting something on the server. But if that device let on has a lazy mac assigned then there is still troubles.

I'd rather future proof the mac on my device now and worry about the server when they release the server on us.

Banned
    11 Methods: How to Find the MAC Address
    Code:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Find-the-MAC-Address-of-Your-Computer

Im a little unclear here.Am i using my pc as a mag 250 or what?Where does the mac address go?Please explain,thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by iptvfreak View Post
    Im a little unclear here.Am i using my pc as a mag 250 or what?Where does the mac address go?Please explain,thanks.
    if you are using an emulator, when you set it up, there is a place to change your mac

ok, so if I am not using an emulator? I am running Kodi on my windows machine directly. Should I configure with my windows MAC, my router MAC, or my cable modem MAC?

<--- confused

your pc mac... but only the last 6 digits

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast