Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    there is an option to save your login here at the iptvTalk website. It's right there where you enter your login credentials.

We stopped using the 'Like' option many years ago as it is a bit of a site security risk.
    But there is a User Reputation option. It should be just below where you see the member's name and join Date and Post Count and etc... it's the icon shaped like a star
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    We stopped using the 'Like' option many years ago as it is a bit of a site security risk.
    But there is a User Reputation option. It should be just below where you see the member's name and join Date and Post Count and etc... it's the icon shaped like a star
    Recently, I have learned that The 'Like' option is a site security risk because it can be used to track a user's activity on the site. The User Reputation option is a better way to track a user's activity because it is not tied to a specific user.

Something I would like to see is more participation in conversations where issues are reported.

For example:
    If a user is reporting an issue it often goes days with no response. Having something as simple as "We are looking in this" will help.
    If a site mod/admin make an announcement saying that something is down, it will nice to see a follow up when that issue has been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Something I would like to see is more participation in conversations where issues are reported.

For example:
    If a user is reporting an issue it often goes days with no response. Having something as simple as "We are looking in this" will help.
    If a site mod/admin make an announcement saying that something is down, it will nice to see a follow up when that issue has been fixed.
    @popeye can you be more specific about " we are looking into this " , a lot of the times the answers are blended/mixed into threads . searching sometimes can be a task be most of the time you'll find that whatever question(s) you've asked usually gets answered a few times to be honest .
    knowledge is power , power corrupts all .

@nob0dy, I do agree with you on that. The forum is full of very useful information and there are times when members ask the same questions over and over before trying to search the forum themselves. I know there are a bunch of active users and it is hard for the admin/support/mod team to catch every single thing. Also, I believe users should help where and how they can because that's what make the a community stronger.

I was mostly referring to the Channel Reports and Announcements part of the forum where it is normal to see threads with 100+ views but never get acknowledged.
    Like I said above there are times when users post without checking IPTV Talk News & Announcements and they complaint about something not working but it has been a known issue. Something I noticed is that most of the time even those Announcements are not followed up on.

For Example: When users make a report about X Channel is down. I noticed most of the time the threads get hundreds of view but no response or acknowledgement at all. What I meant by "We are looking into this" is having someone from the support team add a comment to let the user know whether they have already informed the service support team or if this is a known issue or something along those lines. Doing so will improve the user experience IMO. Just my 2 cents.

Update: Adding more info

And to be fair, it is something that I've seen @crazed 9.6 do a few times. Crazed has left comments alone the lines of "Email X directly for that channel". I do want to give Crazed and the rest of support team credit for that. Maybe a better solution is having this information in a pinned thread or something.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    hello guys
    Here's the thing about Channel issue reports... They generally do not get seen by any members of the papiao team, the team includes NFPS, Rocket and iptv66.

This is why you may see me sometimes post a response when a member reports a channel and it seems very important to that member to have that channel working (maybe a important futbal match is about to happen or something like that), that is when I post and let the member know to send in an email direct to papiao. I do this to help the member get the best chance at a fix for the channel, before it's too late.

Other times there will be a member seemingly upset about a channel issue, this is when I also inform them to email papaio and in that case I do tis so we do not have the negative remarks on our forums, in other words, I do this for myself (and the site) so I do not have to deal with angry people and nor should we be expected to

Other times the channel reports are left alone. I can not offer any answers or ETA or even let you know that the administration is on it. If I did contact the administration every time there was a channel issue I would have no time for anything else and the administration would soon stop opening my emails after receiving 10 a day or what ever it may be.

Now you may ask then why even allow channel issue reports at all ??

Answer is partly answered above (with the emergency situation type thing) and also if there are active reports and then others can see the report and that indeed the issue is not isolated to them selves only. So it turns into a kind of info report, more then anything.

Sometimes the papiao team will make an announcement about reasons why a group of channels may at the time be having issues, but seldom if ever at all will they address just one individual channel report.

If a channel is particularly wanted and is messed up, I will try an let the team know about that, but I can not keep up on that with any regularity (that's just how it is)

There would also be the known issues and we do try in bringing them announcements here.
    We even like our members to bring the announcement (Rinny brought the last one), its a team work kinda thing here at iptvtalk, or a least I'd like to think it is and hope it would be

Now I am not saying to stop channel reports, if I thought that then there would not be a sub-forum here on site for the reports

And the reports do serve a purpose or two.... one, is that it helps others to see if there are issues ... and two, I will always try and tell a member who is reporting an issue which is important (even just to that one individual), I will tell them about the best way to get results, which is that email thing.

Remember too that if any angry reports, I will also tell them to email papiao too but for different reasoning, and may even close that particular thread or post, for reasons mentioned above.

And there is also at times when a Papiao tech will do some upgrading in maybe the TV Series group for instance and knowing what Series or episodes may not be working helps with that.

Also if see a channel report and think that the channel is working and then check and indeed it is, then i can report tat to the member, that rarely happens thou as the members are usually all the time correct with their reports.

I am just telling yous how it is, truthfully

thnx guys and gals

Thnx for the input Popeye.
    Means alot for us all to know the reasons behind the scenes and now yous do

and it's iptv !
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 05-02-2022 at 09:18 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223