TV Addicted

Question mag254 and cable internet

can someone help me understand why i have so much buffering,studdering and just plain no USA channels working on my mag 254 and at the same time my android boxes with kodi 15.2 can and do play 1080p dolby digital 5.1 without said problems? i have 7.25mb up and 1.73mb down.

thanks in advance

first have you updated your box need to do that try 8.8.8.8 in dns

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by asft View Post
    first have you updated your box need to do that try 8.8.8.8 in dns
    yes the mag254 has the latest update and yes i have it set to 8.8.8.8 on the dns. it makes zero difference if i manually set the dns or if i use the auto setup.
    i have tried 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Junoir Member
    With both your Mag and android boxes having the same issues I think your download speed is too low. I would recommend at least 10mbps download speed

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by maird57 View Post
    With both your Mag and android boxes having the same issues I think your download speed is too low. I would recommend at least 10mbps download speed
    i never said i was having the same issues with the android boxes. i said that at the same time i have issues with the mag254,i have no problems with the androids. i am not using the androids for the iptv services at the moment only for kodi 15.2 programs

Junoir Member

Cool

when you said on your kodi you see in 1080 p and 5.1 sorround ,this are movies ? because live tv its more heavy than movies , other issue to consider its the server you are using.......some servers functions much better than others......
    good luck...
    Last edited by fjmckey; 01-04-2016 at 02:51 PM.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by fjmckey View Post
    when you said on your kodi you see in 1080 p and 5.1 sorround ,this are movies ? because live tv its more heavy than movies , other issue to consider its the server you are using.......some servers functions much better than others......
    good luck...
    thanks and i should have paid more attention to what i said i used kodi for! when using sports devil or some of the other sports oriented channels for live football and college basketball games i have more success than trying to view same channels on the mag. A friend of mine was here yesterday that has 6mbps speed DSL and he couldn't believe the studdering and constant freezing and swears his is working good,very little problems. another friend has 75mbps cable and has the almost same trouble that i do.
    i'm not complaining about the service as a whole,because the UK channels work great,only US channels are a problem child

neighbor runs a 20m dsl connection supporting his sons x-box, his gfs notebook streaming netflix hd, while watching a mag254 & surfing the web.. i really doubt it takes more than 3-5m to watch a mag.. its my guess that most of the freezing comes from them working on the system, & they seem to be constantly improving.. things just don't happen over-nite all the time & its worth the wait. JMOO...
    mag 254,,,nfhd:cool: