Register

Thread: R.I.P Lemmy

R.I.P Lemmy

Official Motorhead....

There is no easy way to say this…our mighty, noble friend Lemmy passed
    away today after a short battle with an extremely aggressive cancer. He had learnt of the disease on December 26th, and was at home, sitting in front of his favorite video game from The Rainbow which had recently made it’s way down the street, with his family.
    We cannot begin to express our shock and sadness, there aren’t words.
    We will say more in the coming days, but for now, please…play Motörhead loud, play Hawkwind loud, play Lemmy’s music LOUD.
    Have a drink or few.
    Share stories.
    Celebrate the LIFE this lovely, wonderful man celebrated so vibrantly himself.
    HE WOULD WANT EXACTLY THAT.
    Ian ‘Lemmy’ Kilmister
    1945 -2015
    Born to lose, lived to win.

Last edited by Capt.Kangaroo; 12-29-2015 at 02:20 AM.
    I gather darkness to please me...

yup seen that thanks

Pinball Wizard
    RIP .....got wasted too many times to count on Motorhead!!!

Lemmy's funeral to be live streamed on YouTube

Fans are invited to ‘toast’ the late Motörhead frontman as his ceremony is scheduled to be shown live online from Hollywood on Saturday night
    Details of Ian “Lemmy” Kilmister’s funeral have been announced, and everyone is invited to watch it online. The legendary Motörhead frontman, who died on 28 December 2015, will have his funeral, in Hollywood, live streamed on YouTube on Saturday 9 January.
    According to a Facebook statement from the band, friends and family are invited to attend a ceremony at Forest Lawn Memorial Cemetery in Hollywood, Los Angeles. But the band have asked fans to refrain from visiting – instead they have arranged for YouTube to show the ceremony via a live stream.
    The stream will run from 3pm PST to 4.30pm PST (11pm GMT to 12.30am GMT).

“We want you ALL to be a part of this memorial service,” wrote the band. “So wherever you are, PLEASE get together and watch with fellow Motörheadbangers and friends. GO to your favorite bar, or your favorite club, make sure they have access to an internet connection and toast along with us. Or simply invite your pals around and celebrate Lemm’s life at home.”
    They added: “Whatever your venue, and however you can, let’s be sure to gather globally on Saturday 9th and celebrate the life of our dear friend and irreplaceable icon.”

As well as the livestream, there will be a day-long celebration of Kilmister’s life at Rainbow Bar and Grill in Los Angeles. The rocker’s favourite bar had originally scheduled a 12-hour memorial service from 2pm PST, but demand was so high that this has now been extended down the Sunset Strip. The Roxy and the Whisky will now also be open to fans while the Rainbow hosts its own private service between 5pm and 9pm PST.

Kilmister died from an aggressive form of cancer at the age of 70.

.theguardian.com
    Last edited by Capt.Kangaroo; 01-07-2016 at 01:11 AM.

Great Service. Lots of great stories from some "Big Names" in the music biz.

Nascar Pool Diecast Winner
    Stream was great up until Dave Grohl for me. So many stories!