Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vpn??

TV Addicted
    Thank you

Starting to figure out a little bit of the Security for the router... I wont be doing the torent thing or P2P anyway which if I am reading right is where you can get into trouble ... most of this is over my head but will keep searching about it...
    And naturally the router that I do have seems not to be compliant with DD-WRT

Ummm Not trying to hi-jack my own thread but what happens to your system (my tv box is basically a computer that does everything) if you DON'T use a router for your box do you loose security????...I am not concerned about someone stealing my wi-fi because I live in the country
    Anyway I'll post now before I head down another path LOL and thanks again 4your time

get active
    Initially, I was using HideMyAss or HMA but I found the service to be overloaded on several servers and speed became an issue. I went to Private Internet Access and found some servers much faster than others even though some of the faster ones are further away. I won't be renewing with PIA because they don't or won't provide a download link for Android devices from their own website. You guessed it, I have to go to Google Playstore and download it and of course that means you have to sign in and link your email address before you can download. Its this hoop jumping after paying for the service that I don't like even though the App is free to download you need Google to install it.
    Needless to say, even that doesn't work with AVOV Vixo 2 because Google Playstore isn't Mickeyhop and there's no installer with Mickeyhop and Google won't load the app into Mickeyhop even though there are links with Mickeyhop. So around and round one goes and where it stops, leaves you with a VPN service you can't install.
    I will be going with a VPN service has all downloads from its website, no more buying the service and going to a 3rd party app store to download and install it.
    Strongly advised you check before you buy a VPN service unless you intend to load it on your router which connects everything on your network to the VPN server.

not a member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwood View Post
    Initially, I was using HideMyAss or HMA but I found the service to be overloaded on several servers and speed became an issue. I went to Private Internet Access and found some servers much faster than others even though some of the faster ones are further away. I won't be renewing with PIA because they don't or won't provide a download link for Android devices from their own website. You guessed it, I have to go to Google Playstore and download it and of course that means you have to sign in and link your email address before you can download. Its this hoop jumping after paying for the service that I don't like even though the App is free to download you need Google to install it.
    Needless to say, even that doesn't work with AVOV Vixo 2 because Google Playstore isn't Mickeyhop and there's no installer with Mickeyhop and Google won't load the app into Mickeyhop even though there are links with Mickeyhop. So around and round one goes and where it stops, leaves you with a VPN service you can't install.
    I will be going with a VPN service has all downloads from its website, no more buying the service and going to a 3rd party app store to download and install it.
    Strongly advised you check before you buy a VPN service unless you intend to load it on your router which connects everything on your network to the VPN server.
    I think one of the issues you are having is that you do not understand on how to set it up properly. I never use VPN software on any of my devices. You setup two routers, one is your normal internet router and the 2nd is your VPN router. Then you setup the devices that you want to go through the VPN router to use that as their default gateway. If you don't want everything on your device to go through the VPN router, then you can setup routing on your Internet Router to reroute certain IP through the VPN router and this is what I do.

Junoir Member
    hi alucard, i did the similar setup, the only problem is constant freezing while connected to the vpn vs not using it at all, maybe to far of a server or crap service provider i guess

not a member
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltech View Post
    hi alucard, i did the similar setup, the only problem is constant freezing while connected to the vpn vs not using it at all, maybe to far of a server or crap service provider i guess
    Not sure who you are using but I have had no issues with PureVPN

Probation
    which vpn have app for andriod boxs to use direct on box ...?

Probation
    If you looking for a good an inexpensive VPN go to Stack Social....Lifetime membership to Pure VPN is $65.00....It works great and can access up to 5 components.

Probation
    Quote Originally Posted by jijag View Post
    which vpn have app for andriod boxs to use direct on box ...?
    Pure VPN has a an app for Android.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12