Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vpn??

TV Addicted

Vpn??

Hi

My question is about any VPN.... I need a little more understanding of how they work while used with IPTV..
    I realize they are security for your computer but are we using them in IPTV to hide or make it look like we are in a different place or country??...if so how do you know which sever to use

Thanks for any help or point me to a thread and I will do the reading

Thanks

I use one when watching baseball through MLB.TV so my home team is not Blacked out..........

get active
    If I were going to watch something like the BBC or something that broadcasts from Britain, I'd choose my VPN server to connect to a server in England and once its connected, I would try watching whatever British program that was on. If you want to watch something that is in the U.S. best to connect to a US server, same would apply for Canada or China but the further a server is from where you actually are, the lag time and throughput will decrease to the point of buffering, freezing and other issues that relate to distance, time, etcetera/

TV Addicted
    Thanks guys

TV Addicted
    I will just continue with this thread ... Laser915 gave me the ok to mention a specific name
    So "Fast Secure VPN"seems to be working great for me ...doesn't disconnect ....no buffering... works great i think

So what opinions do any have ... do they log me or anything else I should know before I sign up for the year
    IPvanish wouldn't work on my box...cust service said they where for smartphones

I just want something that doesn't show the IPTV thing so I don't get in trouble in the future

Kodi 16.3 android box and stalker client nfps
    Last edited by DFR619; 02-10-2016 at 03:04 PM.

Pinball Wizard
    Awesome, so where did you find it?amazon? how much a month?

TV Addicted
    I am not endorsing it completely yet trying to find out if it does what it s suppose to do... just did a search of VPN for android I think it was the google store...I tried a couple one of them one didn't let me get 5 mins into the trial said I was over my daily bandwidth... that one got deleted.... this one says $2.50 a month or $16.70 year... Sounds to good actually ....

Since I have NO idea what I am talking about with this other than say it hasn't had to reconnect and No buffering to speak of...for a couple of days.

I checked my IP with and without... it changed so i guess its doing its job
    Just looking for more info on what everybody recommends or thinks about it or any VPN

not a member
    I use PUREVPN and it has not given me any trouble for the months I have had it and I get 20+meg down with them. I use a separate VPN Router for all my traffic that I want to go over VPN such as stuff i want to watch from the UK. I configured my main router to send the IP traffic that I want to go through the VPN to send that traffic to the VPN router, everything else goes out through my regular internet connection.

TV Addicted
    Thanks Alucard i will look into that....
    Will take some research for me to do that and I only have 1 router at the moment

not a member
    Quote Originally Posted by DFR619 View Post
    Thanks Alucard i will look into that....
    Will take some research for me to do that and I only have 1 router at the moment
    If you need another router, go to your local goodwill or 2nd hand computer store and find yourself a Liksys router that you can load DD-WRT on. Probably about 20 bucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast