Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How to solve Stalker NFPS - Can't load DLL (on ROOTED DEVICE)

For Rooted Users
    If you are getting "Can't load DLL" error after installing Stalker NFPS 0.8.4 or 1.01 and your android box is rooted here's what you can do to make Stalker NFPS functioning. This solution was discovered by @paranoidjack, I'm just simply making it more visible for other members, as it's buried in Stalker NFPS main thread.

1. Install Stalker NFPS (1.01 or 0.8.4)
    2. Close Kodi
    3. Start your file manager either using FTP to access from a computer like FTP Droid or using Total Commander, ES File Explorer on your box (make sure your file manager has root access granted)
    4. Move folder pvr.stalker.nfps from Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons into /data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/addons/
    5. Now change the permission of pvr.stalker.nfps and all files and subfolders to 777 (-rwx -rwx -rwx)
    6. Start Kodi and proceed to configure your Stalker NFPS

*In case you get configure greyed out, or missing text, you didn't change permission on some of the files, so close Kodi again and proceed to check every file and folder for 777 permission.

This only works on rooted devices as access to /data folder is restricted. If you don't have rooted device you will have to stick to built-in stalker client.

This solution worked on my Nvidia Shield with 0.8.4 and 1.01 version of Stalker NFPS PVR client

For Non Rooted users
    You have two options if you cannot root and get the cannot load dll error..

1. use pvr.stalker instead of pvr.stalker.nfps, its built into kodi already, and works..
    Last edited by psycon; 02-29-2016 at 05:21 PM.

Hi puska great post your sure are going to help alot of people that is having this (dll error) including me but I have no clue how to do this. Any ways thanks.

Junoir Member
    I tried to do this but the problem is I get to /data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache and no directories exist in the folder. In other words there are no ( /apk/assets/addons/ ) subdirectories. I tried just placing pvr.stalker.nfps in the /cache directory, I changed allthe permissions and no good, I then created the additional directories and placed pvr.stalker.nfps in the created addons directory and booted kodi and it straight up deleted the additional directories I created and pvr.stalker.nfps, this makes no sense given that I am also running an Nvidia Shield

@cestults what file manager you used? Tried a different one? I assume you turned show hidden files or you wouldn't find pvr.stalker.nfps on internal storage

Quote Originally Posted by Puska View Post
    If you are getting "Can't load DLL" error after installing Stalker NFPS 0.8.4 or 1.01 and your android box is rooted here's what you can do to make Stalker NFPS functioning. This solution was discovered by @paranoidjack, I'm just simply making it more visible for other members, as it's buried in Stalker NFPS main thread.

1. Install Stalker NFPS (1.01 or 0.8.4)
    2. Close Kodi
    3. Start your file manager either using FTP to access from a computer like FTP Droid or using Total Commander, ES File Explorer on your box (make sure your file manager has root access granted)
    4. Move folder pvr.stalker.nfps from Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons into /data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/addons/
    5. Now change the permission of pvr.stalker.nfps and all files and subfolders to 777 (-rwx -rwx -rwx)
    6. Start Kodi and proceed to configure your Stalker NFPS

*In case you get configure greyed out, or missing text, you didn't change permission on some of the files, so close Kodi again and proceed to check every file and folder for 777 permission.

This only works on rooted devices as access to /data folder is restricted. If you don't have rooted device you will have to stick to built-in stalker client.

This solution worked on my Nvidia Shield with 0.8.4 and 1.01 version of Stalker NFPS PVR client
    @puska

I used ES File Explorer to do everythnig on my Nvidia Shield TV and 0.8.4 pvr.stalker.nfps. I moved addons folder from its original location to /data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/ replaced the addons folder that was already there and set the permissions to (-rwx -rwx -rwx). My result was Kodi stopped working. It would freeze at boot. I'm using Kodi 15.2, What version of Kodi are you using to get this to work? What am I doing wrong here?
    Last edited by KayKay; 12-18-2015 at 04:05 PM.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Puska View Post
    @cestults what file manager you used? Tried a different one? I assume you turned show hidden files or you wouldn't find pvr.stalker.nfps on internal storage
    Es File Manager. Did everything as instructed. I realized later that I was trying to cut/paste rather than move pvr.stalker.nfps and was able to locate the proper directories. I then changed all the permissions to 777 and it still wouldn't work. I'm not sure what's going on.

@Cestults when you changed permissions are you able to see pvr.stalker.nfps as pvr client in Kodi or its not there?

Would you try and change permission with total commander just to make sure that it's not es file Explorer not doing it properly?

Quote Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
    @puska

I used ES File Explorer to do everythnig on my Nvidia Shield TV and 0.8.4 pvr.stalker.nfps. I moved addons folder from its original location to /data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/ replaced the addons folder that was already there and set the permissions to (-rwx -rwx -rwx). My result was Kodi stopped working. It would freeze at boot. I'm using Kodi 15.2, What version of Kodi are you using to get this to work? What am I doing wrong here?
    I'm also on 15.2 from play store... Would you also repeat the process with total commander? I had problem with es file Explorer and changing permissions back when I had nexus player but it resulted in nfps stalker not being visible in kodi but it. Never gave me freezing at boot

oops misread something
    Last edited by psycon; 12-22-2015 at 02:31 AM.

Was there ever a fix for this I still can't watch tv

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast