Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Media LAN files

Media LAN files

Is there any way how to play my computer's downloaded media with this box over LAN? i have done it with the MAG254 but with this one it only gives me the option to use USB or TIF cards. Have tried VLC but didn't know how to configure it. Have anyone be able to use it like that?

TV Addicted
    You may be able to enter the path+filename of where the file exists on your lan in vlc's "opeb file" dialog, however since there is no way to get your avov to join a home group I'm not sure if it'll work. Probably not, I'm guessing, but I've been wrong before.

i run my nas threw the kodi

i found the how to on the google

thats the only way i know so far

Quote Originally Posted by tbird686 View Post
    i run my nas threw the kodi

i found the how to on the google

thats the only way i know so far
    Ok, let me see what i can find to make it work through Kodi then. Thanks

Code:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.xbmc.kore

Quote Originally Posted by asft View Post
    Code:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.xbmc.kore
    Thanks asft.. but i'm looking how to play my downloaded movies from my laptop with my avov tvonline+ via LAN connection.

NO!! you don't need kodi to play your computer lan media... first make sure you have media sharing enabled in your windows computer network settings...
    also movies you want to watch need to be in the video folder on the windows computer... now go to main settings on the avov and click on airplay&dlna... then click
    on dlna_dmp and it will then show your computers on the lan network.. go to the video folder and watch...

not a member
    If this is only a temp setup then what gcoop stated should work. But if you plan on building a library of TV shows and movies then you will want to use Kodi for the best experience.

Quote Originally Posted by GCOOP View Post
    NO!! you don't need kodi to play your computer lan media... first make sure you have media sharing enabled in your windows computer network settings...
    also movies you want to watch need to be in the video folder on the windows computer... now go to main settings on the avov and click on airplay&dlna... then click
    on dlna_dmp and it will then show your computers on the lan network.. go to the video folder and watch...
    Ok, let me see if copying my downloaded movies to the Video folder will show. Actually in dlna_dmp it showed my pc name but it said empty folder. I'll try what you say later on. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    If this is only a temp setup then what gcoop stated should work. But if you plan on building a library of TV shows and movies then you will want to use Kodi for the best experience.
    Thanks, i have many movies on my laptop that i normally download from time to time and save it there until i have free weekend, after watched i just delete them.

you can have as many movies as your hard drive has room for.. this is NOT a temp setup.. this is one of the features the avov can do..
    I have a 2tb hard drive on my pc and have many movies in my video folder and the avov sees them ALL!! I even get full concerts from youtube
    and convert to mkv format and download to my video folder and also watch them with the avov...
    Last edited by GCOOP; 12-16-2015 at 05:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast