Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junoir Member

Freeze How to output MAG254 to different TVs?

My parents have a MAG254 box set up by their IP TV provider. My parents have a TV in their bedroom, kitchen and living room that I want to send the video/audio too. The house has coaxial cable throughout the walls, NOT HDMI. Is there a way to convert the signal to run over coaxial cable so they can split the video to the other rooms? They watch the same channels, so no need to have the box nearby to change the channel.

The only solution I thought of was using a A/V mini jack cable to red-white-yellow RCA to VCR input, and then coaxial VCR output. However, I am not sure if the A/V mini jack simply does audio only or both audio and video. Wireless HDMI solutions are pretty expensive, and they really do not need the signal in HD.

Thanks in advance!

Not trying to be a smartass, but cleanest solution is to move to MAG 254 to the TV they'll be watching from.

how about you buy your parents a mag box for their room for xmas thats the smartest solution...who has a VCR these days? lol

Warrior Member
    Hdmi for the one local TV and an RF modulator for the RF cable to the bedroom. You can get one at Radio Shack or other electronics shops. Sometimes thrift shops have them.

Junoir Member

Quote Originally Posted by jjjackson View Post
    Hdmi for the one local TV and an RF modulator for the RF cable to the bedroom. You can get one at Radio Shack or other electronics shops. Sometimes thrift shops have them.
    I used a wireless video sender and a wireless remote extender as there are no wires in the bedroom but the picture isn't the greatest, you have to change the video setting to NTSC and reboot it to get it to feed the bedroom TV.
    At least it works when you have no other options.

RF modulator is your best bet if you have cable in the bedroom but don't forget you'll also need a wireless remote extender.

Warrior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wipeuranus View Post
    but don't forget you'll also need a wireless remote extender.
    That's what I use too.

I used the RF modulator for awhile, but I wanted a better picture and sound, so I changed to splitting the HDMI and running a cat5 with baluns, to my bedroom. Now I have HDMI in both rooms. IMHO, more expensive, but worth it.

I have box for every room of my house but that add up in donation i save every day for next yr get a box for them thats the way i would do it by the time you buy all that stuff you could have gotten another box

Quote Originally Posted by Wipeuranus View Post

RF modulator is your best bet if you have cable in the bedroom but don't forget you'll also need a wireless remote extender.
    Another option to having a remote extender is to have the MAGic remote app on your phone ( android or Apple ) .

That app is very good.
    Lets Go !

Warrior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asft View Post
    I have box for every room of my house but that add up in donation i save every day for next yr get a box for them thats the way i would do it by the time you buy all that stuff you could have gotten another box
    Excuse me for asking, but don't they give all the boxes and donations you want? Pays to have friends in high places.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast