Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    For sats, I finally got it to stay setup. The key may be to disable "TV" while you're doing the passwords page entries. Then, if you leave that page and come back, if your passwords stick, then you're golden. Works fine after you fiddle with it enough to get it to work the first time. That is, until a big ECM hits and you are down for an undetermined about of time. The picture is as good or better than the Sonicview 8000HD so the effort is worth it, even on the clone. I just CANNOT seem to get IPTV to work on that same box, though. <censored> it.
    And instructions? You MUST, repeat MUST have patience and do a LOT of digging through all these forums to find the tidbit here and the brief morsel there, that finally, after 6 weeks of looking, let's you get the picture you're after. I have yet to find one single post or forum that has the instructions for the Dreamlink T6 (clone) to work, either sat or iptv. I only have the sat working but again, the audio and video are phenomenal.
    Oh, and you have to explicitly turn "newcamd" on.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    4ktvfan, there are reasons why you can not find a guide specific for a clone Dreamlink T6
    Mostly because we don support that T6 clone.
    The Chinese got a-hold of the T6 pretty much soon as it was put on the market. Clones came instantly and lots of them. They flooded the market. They out sold the original T6 and at a fraction of the cost.
    Them clones may or may not fail on many functions., but in the end them clones are inferior, made of inferior parts. ANd a clone by definition, because it used Dreamlink software, just tweaked a small bit.
    So a company (or companies) from China that cloned the work of another company, is not something we care to associate with.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

That's all well and good and I heartily agree with the philosophy. Moreover, I do NOT buy from China if I can help it. The vendor who sold me this unit swore it is not a clone and stressed it was all factory software. Not being able to inspect ANYthing, I took him at his word and bought it. Boy, did I buy it. So how many of us got suckered in?
    Aside: you can't **believe** how hard it is to buy shoes in the US if you won't buy Chinese products. Took a couple of months.

i had the same problem with the des key always going back to zero and also in xmbc the helix version i did not see stalker client. it came with some other type of clinent , i also noticed i had a clone and the seller was selling them as originals so i returned it for a refund. and got a jynxbox hd in the mean time and the picture looks amazing and it works right out of the box just enter server info and dish setup and presto , i have been using kodi lisengard with stalker client on my android boxes and this gets them up and running on iptv , i could not get it working on the stalker version on jarvis 16.1

Probation
    I am happy (again) that this site do not support clones. Nevertheless I have never understood how one is against counterfeiting doing counterfeit business. But it is only my problem, is in't it? I've always thought the priority is to support the hobby. But again, it's my own mistakes.
    I do have an T6 clone for more than a year and it works pretty fine for me. I do use IPTV through Kodi and IKS by subscription. I use it a lot. I mean it. So far everything works well and only things I do not like is to be stuck with Kodi 14 forever. But looks like originals share the same fate. Either you you do not upgrade the Kodi or you loosing the IKS. But the newest add-ons are not compatible with an Helix Kodi anymore.
    So the main rule (so far) if you use IKS than Stalker and other PVR clients are no-no and vice verse.

ok ollby so the t6 clone you have is working on iptv with kodi 14? what pvr client did you use? because the one i saw on the clone did not seem to work for me. also did you get both the iptv & the iks working on this t6 clone? thx...

This whole kodi thing is extremely complex and neither setup nor day-to-day usage is terribly -intuitive. Looks like it was built one add-on at a time with no thought to simplifying the over-all architecture for the end-user. For example, the "video add-on's" allow you to install an add-on that requires a username/password to use but nowhere in the descriptions does it tell you that, not even when you try to view something!!!
    It's a real mess.
    And now to have a box (T6) that has such a great picture not be supported by anyone (apparently) and the boxes are certainly not free, nor is the iptv service you're trying to get, is really a screw-over.
    Not to mention that the original manufacturer of the Dreamlink T6 has apparently been out of business FOR OVER TWO YEARS, so the clone has now become the mainstream and you can't even find a "real" pirate box to buy, while vendors swear to you that their clone is the real thing.
    And as ollby says, pirates not supporting the pirate of a dead pirate box? Does anyone see the irony in this?

How hard would it be to install the "real" T6 software/firmware into these clones?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    the file extensions are different between the clones and the real McCoy
    But simply changing the extension thou will not work.
    Some have tried loading original bins with the extension adjusted onto a clone and vise versa but ended up with bricked receivers.
    The differences maybe able to be seen thru a Hex Editor. They did not change much, I think it was the boot up process that was changed in the files.

I have wrestled with this clone discussion that has invaded my T6 tuturial thread, in fact I have deleted the posts once but then restored them later.

You guys wanna play with these inferior cloned models then be my guest, but you will never see a clone T6 file posted here at iptvTalk.org
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-03-2017 at 10:13 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

hello guys i just setup this t6 original from korea it came with the 363 file and i was able to put the iks info in network area and scanned chs and its working on iks but it has kodi 15.0 only with the tvheadend pvr client , has anyone figured out how to use both iptv and iks ? that was the reason i got it thinking it would do both and you would just enter the server info for both...i though installing the latest emulator for nfps would help....i already linked the t6 mac to donation... i wish there was a way to get the channles to load or install stalker client , has anyone tried to update kodi on this t6? im afraid of loosing the sattellite tab? thanx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast