Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Dreamlink T6 setup

To start out with and make something clear...
    The Dreamlink T6 receiver is not the same receiver as the Dreamlink Smart TV Android.
    They are two completely different receivers.

First thing you might wanna do after you unpack this new T6 receiver is to check what build version is currently onboard the T6
    Connect the T6 to the TV and power it up.
    Once you see the green light come on (powered up), you should next see a series of messages on the front display.

On the front display, you will see in order...
    4 slashes (----)
    boot
    Hl
    t-08

Once you see the t-08 on the display, you should now also see a Dreamlink T6 splash screen come up on your TV
    Next, the display should change to the time display and at same instance on the TV screen, the T6 should take you thru it's language, timezone and pic size setup options.
    Next, the TV screen will change to the Kodi startup splash screen. It'll show here that it is Kodi version Helix 14.2
    Next time you shut it off and turn back on, it will go straight to the Kodi start-up splash screen.

Okay now we have the Kodi menu on screen. That's the blue background screen with some options shown in a bar.
    Some people like to refer to it as the Kodi bar

In the Kodi bar, you see from left to right.
    -Pictures
    -Videos
    -Music
    -Programs
    -System

Open the System Tab and you can see the following menu options available under that opened tab,
    -Settings
    -File Manager
    -Profiles
    -System Info
    -Android
    -Satellite

You'll see them listed with the options found under the System Tab on your T6

Okay, the first thing we wanna do is find out what file may already be onboard that T6
    You can find this information two different ways thru the T6 menus , but we will just show one way for now.
    In the Kodi bar and under System tab, open the Android option. In the next menu, open the MBox Settings option and then open the tab referred to as 'Other'
    Here we will see the Model number, the Android version, the Build number and the Kernal number (which is a lunex kernal).
    The Build number is where you'll see what file is onboard.
    If the factory 20 file is onboard, it show (Build 20) in brackets.
    If the 343 is onboard, it will show in brackets, (Build 343)
    The version and date will also be there.

So no need to reload something that's already there.
    Load files accordingly.
    But no matter what is now there, I'd do a factory reset function before continuing further. Just to be sure it gets done since a file is onboard already (factory or other) and to be sure a reset is done after a file has been loaded (any bin file), do a reset now.
    In that Android menu (same menu we found the Mbox menu tab), is where the factory reset function can be found.

Next let's connect the Ethernet cable if that is gonna be what's used for internet connection., WiFi is another option and you may have noticed your T6 came with a small antenna, that;'s the WiFi antenna.
    In the System tab (on Kodi bar) and under the System Info tab is where you can see the Network tab to see your networking IPs are correct. If it's not correct or unpopulated, check internet connection and maybe reboot receiver to get it to populate.

Okay assuming the 343 bin has now been successfully loaded, and a reset performed afterwards, lets go and find out how to setup the IKS server and scan sats.

Exit outta that Android menu. When I say Exit, I mean to use the back button. The Exit function doesn't help us much with the setup. It is functional later when browsing menus and stuff, but for setup it's most times the back button function that we use.
    Okay, enter the Satellite menu and under the Network tab.
    This is where you setup your Server(s).
    Your server settings will stay visible even after saving them, unlike other dreamlinks of the past. After finished and before exiting that menu, use the correct colored button to Start server.

Next is the Channel search tab is where we would set up our sats. That tab is in the same Satellite menu.
    -Leave it on Auto Scan.
    -Select your sat
    -Antenna Setup is where you set your LNB Type and DiSEEqC ports and some other stuff.
    -Transponders should be correct for the sats 110w and 119w, as I checked them with the correct current working TP list I have. The only thing not exactly correct is the Spot Beam TPs were left included and each has two slots, one for 20000 Symbol Rate and one for 21500 Symbol Rate. neither scan any channels, but don't worry about this. The needed TPs are there and correct, Spot Beams are not needed.
    Next would be to Start Search.
    Search that sat and then save.
    And then setup and search any other sats you may have.
    Now Exit that menu (back button) and you should see a small message up top right in the Kodi bar screen. that message should be saying EPG uploading client or something along them lines. You should also see the Kodi bar gain another tab... The TV tab should appear.
    Open that Tab up and that's where your EPG and Channels will be found thru. Some other options there to.

Now after exiting the scanning menu and you do not see that epg uploading message, then go back and in the Android menu, delete channels and then rescan your sats and exit for results . The results would be seeing that EPG uploading message.

and every time you start up or change the server active slots, you will get the epg uploading clients progress. It is very fast thou and only once outta many tries at it, was I able to scroll to TV on Kodi bar and it wasn't ready yet.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 12-07-2015 at 08:39 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Probation
    hello Sir I just got a new Dreamlink t6 HD reciever and I followed your instructions all the way til it says what my build is suppose to be, here's what I have
    Android version: 4.2.2,Build number:version 20140428(Build: 18), Kernel version: 3.0.50, what do I do next since I don't have what you specified in your instructions and do I load the file that I need.

Probation
    how to put label name and user ip on server thanks

Probation
    cannot install iptv stalker

Just got mine this very day, and stalker is nowhere to be seen and can't seem to download it. And on satellite side, I don't know what "key" they want, what label, what username, what password, and so on. I took my best gues but every channel that shows up says, "scrambled" after some delay. I'm donating to nfps if that makes a difference. Advice, please?
    Thanks. The other threads are just confusing me (again.)

Probation
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ktvfan View Post
    Just got mine this very day, and stalker is nowhere to be seen and can't seem to download it. And on satellite side, I don't know what "key" they want, what label, what username, what password, and so on. I took my best gues but every channel that shows up says, "scrambled" after some delay. I'm donating to nfps if that makes a difference. Advice, please?
    Thanks. The other threads are just confusing me (again.)
    Your KEY, PASSWORD and USERNAME should have been sent to you via email from the paid provider that you purchased from. As far as setup goes, you need to look at post 1 of this thread.

Thanks, Unger, but only "donation number" was supplied. If username and pwd are the same, still don't know what to use for key. And mine must be a clone, dang it, as it shows 344 and not 343. I had already performed all the steps in post #1, but no matter what I put in "key," I get "scrambled channel" and the "key" is always reset to all zero's. It is seeing at least one sat and scanned successfully.
    Are we still only supposed to get channels above 9000, like the last 4,000 years?

Quote Originally Posted by 4ktvfan View Post
    Thanks, Unger, but only "donation number" was supplied. If username and pwd are the same, still don't know what to use for key. And mine must be a clone, dang it, as it shows 344 and not 343. I had already performed all the steps in post #1, but no matter what I put in "key," I get "scrambled channel" and the "key" is always reset to all zero's. It is seeing at least one sat and scanned successfully.
    Are we still only supposed to get channels above 9000, like the last 4,000 years?
    Username and Password is your Donation number
    Des Key
    6103 4034 4540 6970 9871 2341 2134
    I gather darkness to please me...

Is the DES key supposed to go back to all zero's each time you access that page???
    This is (probably a clone) with build 344.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast