Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by timezone12 View Post
    Someone will come on and correct me if I am wrong, (and I am going to skip a bunch of the finer details,) but the OS is created in a separate 'partition' of the internal storage, and the remaining space is left in its own partition. Settings->Storage reports the space in the non-OS partition. Again, I too wish I could see the OS partition in these numbers.

More importantly, I wish manufacturers would report actual available storage on the packaging of a device, it is such a kick in the pants to get home with your brand new device and find that you have only half the space it says on the box. Very frustrating.

Hope this helps.
    thanks tz, thats should clear up the questions...
    I gather darkness to please me...

Junoir Member
    I just purchased the avov plus and mine shows Free space 1662mb used 162mb right out of the box what the hell add said 4gig...

of course you're smart enough to realize KitKat and Kodi and your apps take up space....
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Junoir Member
    Captainkangaroo I haven't even loaded Kodi yet

Quote Originally Posted by Bruicer View Post
    Captainkangaroo I haven't even loaded Kodi yet
    Ok?..........
    I gather darkness to please me...

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timezone12 View Post
    Someone will come on and correct me if I am wrong, (and I am going to skip a bunch of the finer details,) but the OS is created in a separate 'partition' of the internal storage, and the remaining space is left in its own partition. Settings->Storage reports the space in the non-OS partition. Again, I too wish I could see the OS partition in these numbers.

More importantly, I wish manufacturers would report actual available storage on the packaging of a device, it is such a kick in the pants to get home with your brand new device and find that you have only half the space it says on the box. Very frustrating.

Hope this helps.
    The problem I have with this is usually the device will show you this in settings. It will show how much space you have and show you how much space they have used for there system etc... If AVOV is using over 1/2 of the advertised internal memory than they should show that.

TV Addicted
    If AVOV is going to use up half of our storage memory then the next update they come out with needs to allow us to be able to use external memory storage. Just as with our mobile devises we can stick a 32 gig micro SD card in the box and download apps to it when internal storage is full. Currently external storage can only be read from not downloaded to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123