Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How To Program Your Mag254 remote for your tv

To program the buttons do the following:

• Press the «On/Off» and «A/V» buttons at the same time and hold it for 2 seconds. When the green light of the «On/Off» button will stop blinking and will light steadily, it means the RC is ready to learn.
    • Press the button you want to «teach» — the green light will start blinking.
    • Place the infrared lamps of two RCs opposite each other and press the button on the RC of the other device, the function of which you wish to copy on AuraHD Plus RC. Hold for 2 seconds.
    • After the green light two quick blinks you may continue programming other buttons.
    • Repeat the procedure described above for all buttons you want to program for controlling external devices.
    • Press the the «On/Off» and «A/V» buttons to save the programmed data; the green light should fade off .

Reset

• Press SETUP and OK button at same time and hold for 2 seconds red LED will flash 5times. Reset is done.

Last edited by BIO; 02-21-2015 at 02:15 PM.
    Running 150mb cable broadband & mag254 :cool:

what green button i dont have a green or see a green button---i have a red and blue

Quote Originally Posted by wineonnine View Post
    what green button i dont have a green or see a green button---i have a red and blue
    Sorry i'm not at home to try mine but this info is from Infomir and is for the new style Mag 254 remote, i think the light behind the blue button may be green?
    Last edited by dreamscape; 02-21-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Tks ill give it a shot all help is appreciate

hey guys , just got a second 254 up couple of days ago-- has blue and red light-- you do push the blue
    work like a charm--- again thanks for the help also its blue not green at least on my 2 boxes-- they are 2 weeks old
    Last edited by wineonnine; 02-21-2015 at 09:08 PM.

Junoir Member
    Just got my box maybe 2 weeks ago.... my remote looks like the one pictured in this thread, first post.....

Problem is, the instructions do not seem to match the remote I have.... look at "Introduction into the programmable remote control unit"...... The pic that is shown (my remote) does not have "special block of five programmable buttons (marked with blue print color)..... Etc......

Seems like these directions are for a different remote control !!

I cannot program my MAG 254 remote to operate my TV...... just want to turn it on and off, that's all !!

Anyone have a clue as to where to get the correct programming instructions for this remote ?? The one pictured in the "operators manual" above.....

that is the remote that comes with the Mag254 in post #1, thks..
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Junoir Member
    Yes, that is correct.

So, where are the directions to program it so that I can turn my TV on and off with it instead of using two remotes ???

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
    Yes, that is correct.

So, where are the directions to program it so that I can turn my TV on and off with it instead of using two remotes ???
    you in for a world of hurt. Problem is that not only that the on and off gets programed but so is most other functions.
    So you want to turn up volume on your Mag, but along with that, your TV changes channels or goes to a preset channel or some other random function.
    Not fun

Junoir Member
    Understood....

So, assuming I want to aggravate myself a little, where do I find the instructions to program MY Mag 254 remote so that it controls the TV ???

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    you in for a world of hurt. Problem is that not only that the on and off gets programed but so is most other functions.
    So you want to turn up volume on your Mag, but along with that, your TV changes channels or goes to a preset channel or some other random function.
    Not fun

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast