Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junoir Member

How can I stop my MAG254 from freezing?

I have two MAG254 boxes, one here & one in another house in a city near me. I have 10MB internet here, & 15mb on the other box in the other city. The problem is, they both freeze even though one has a higher DL speed than the other one. No one uses the internet in the 15MB house & yet the box tends to freeze. Is there something wrong with the boxes? Do they need something installed to minimize freezing or how do i avoid it? Thanks

tall guy
    you can't do nothing but wait it's on there end.

Junoir Member
    Be more specific provide channel details and time of buffering. Even though your paying for 15 mb you may be receiving less. IF your using a router it will also decrease the speed. Try connecting ach box directly to the modem let us know the results. Again the more info you provide the better the feedback and the service

Junoir Member
    The 10MB box is directly connected & isn't running on wifi. But we can't look up pages on the computer without it starting to freeze.
    Buffering doesn't take long, except there are periods where channels will take awhile to load & I have to restart the Mag254 because it reaches a point where it wont' load at all. It's better in the mornings and gets worse at night. We try to watch the Hispanic channels or the kids channel and they'll freeze.
    Does the box need 10MB just for it? Because we tend to have people who surf the web when they're doing homework or watch a video occasionally and it causes freezing. I've read that with 10-15MB the box will run smoothly for the most part.

TV Addicted
    I have 50Mb service and it still freezes and buffers,
    the advice given in post 2 is probably accurate

When it's freezing do a speed test at 10mb you should be able to run other things at the same time but i know some isp's that short change people just saying.cause freezing when others use computer in the house has nothing to do with the server
    Search and you shall find. Ask and you shall receive. Give me beer friends for life

sounds to me like you're falling short in the bandwidth dept. if comp use is affecting your viewing. keep in mind that bandwidth and speed are two different entities.
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Could very well be a saturated line, call your isp provider have them run test on your internet.
    Lets Go !

TV Addicted
    Please quit using speed as a reason for telling people that it could be there internet as this post directly from them tells you the speed you need to run it!

We are pleased to inform you that our new and totally revolutionary IPTV service is coming soon and will bring a lot of new features including a TV section with hundreds of live channels, a Video Club with a vast variety of the latest movies and you will be able to enjoy this and much more with your current donation.

All donations activated before 11:59:59 PM of January 31st 2015 (on GMT -4 Timezone), are going to have full and free access to the new IPTV service until they expire. The donations activated after the specified date will have to pay a small and prorated fee of $38 USD based on the remaining days to expire of such donation.

We’ve released some Live Channels and some movies in the Video Club (VoD) in test mode. Visit our forum for more information and enjoy the testing period today!

These are just some of the benefits that you will get with our new IPTV service:

General Benefits:
    500 Channels HD, SD, English and Spanish.
    1,000 movies with the most recent releases in HD, SD, English and Spanish.
    Your favorite channels from Charlie USA, Bev, Blue Sky, Red Point and Media Net included in a single service without being under these satellites footprints.
    Now you can enjoy Blue Sky HD channels.
    The weather won't be a problem any more, as long as you have an internet connection you will always have an stable TV service without freezing.
    Not need to install antennas, LNB, cables, etc. Get everything up and running in less than 5 minutes with a plug and play STB.
    It is a completely portable service, you can take your STB to anywhere with an Internet connection and keep watching your favorite TV shows and series.
    IPTV won't be affected by ECMs.
    Very low Internet requirements, with only 1.5Mbps download speed you can enjoy all the content without freezing.
    Benefits for Resellers:
    Reseller Panel Papiao.
    Super Resellers accounts that can create and allocate new resellers and clients.
    The ability to activate and renew your clients accounts using your available donations.
    Resellers accounts with the ability to activate and manage unlimited clients.
    Assignments Reports.
    Activations Reports.
    Clients About to Expire Report.
    These are the recommended STBs for the best stability and user experience:

Set-Top-Box (STB) Online Store
    MAG250 infomir.eu
    MAG254 (Recommended) infomir.eu
    MAG260 infomir.eu
    AVOV ebay.com
    Android STB Emulator + MX Player play.google.com
    For more information and to stay tuned for future updates visit our forum.

Enjoy this new service that we have brought to you.

Best regards,

Papiao Staff.

Junoir Member
    I had this problem and this is what I did, I went into the setting and I went down to advances setting click ok and where it say buffer size (s) I right arrow that over to 3 and mine work prefect right there. You may have to play with yours until you fine what's a good spot for your box. Hope it work for you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast