Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junoir Member

Video Stops but Audio Keeps Playing. AUGH!

I have an Amazon Fire TV running Kodi and Stalker and I have a legit MAC and everything is configured properly... BUT when I pick a channel. Any channel, and EVERY channel. The video will play for about 2-3 seconds and then freeze frame while the audio goes on no issues. This is across the board.

Ive cleared caches, ive restarted, im trying maintenance tools that affect buffering now. Nothing is fixing this

What can I do to fix this? Please help

Junoir Member
    You're not alone. Same thing is happening to me. Just got a 4K Fire TV last night and all of a sudden every iptv channel I click on freezes the video after 3 seconds, audio continues perfectly. Then when I try and press the stop button Kodi crashes. This is super weird considering all of the iptv channels on my 1st gen Fire TV work perfectly and when using iptv on my mobile device. Tried so many different things and nothing works. Somebody please help!!!!!

It's only affecting iptv channels for me, genesis and Sportsdevil and every other add on run perfectly, no freezing or crashing whatsoever.

Same here. It's been like this for about a week. Admins should at least show that they are aware and provide updates. I've been trying to find a fix but no luck just reading other people complaining with the same problem an no response on how to fix or if it's being worked on

Junoir Member
    Actually I have an android box and I having the same issue! tried everything but nothing
    help please!!

Fire From Within

Is this happening on all channels, or just those that the service sends out natively. For example, most of the UK channels are just relinked, but the US based channels are sent out through their own links.

I was having the same problem on US based channels on a new installation on a new Amazon Fire tablet, which I had rooted, and installed the Google play store. I uninstalled Kodi, and reinstalled, but also toggled off the hardware acceleration in video settings on the main Kodi settings. I'm not sure if that was the step fixed it, there was a setting to use an external Android player but it didn't initially work at first. I also tried some different cache settings as well.

I suggest things on your own in Kodi, just remembering what you did so you can recover, or just be ready to do a uninstall/reinstall. There is no magic bullet around playing video.

Most likely there are server problems ..........Just backward 3rd world internet capabilities.....IMHO

Unless it is just happening through Kodi using Stalker..........Can anyone say that the Avov boxes are doing the same thing or not.................
    Last edited by floder2; 12-01-2015 at 12:06 AM.

Fire From Within

I don't think it's the server, but they are playing with the video settings for sure that can affect some negatively. I didn't see any issues on my other platforms except the new tablet. Instead of doing nothing, or complaining, my suggestion is to do what you can on your end to see if you can fix it. The symptom here is that the stream is continuing, but the buffer isn't clearing properly, so you get a picture stall.

Looks like they may have ran into a small kink im sure they are working on rectifying it.
    Lets Go !

Junoir Member
    I just did what Dara said and this work for me . I went to settigs, then video and turn off the acceleration and I can see again the channels
    thanks !

Junoir Member
    I take it you have the latest Amazon tv 2nd version. There is a incompatibility issue with the acceleration. Go under settings then video make sure you have expert selected at the top then under acceleration make sure to turn off any hardware acceleration.
    That will fix your freezing issue.

This problem only exist for the 2nd version of the Amazon tv the 1st version hardware acceleration works fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast