Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sorry, old school geezer here....I run hard wire..
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

np i run cheap usb one from my jynx box and work perfect

I notice you can set it up in the outer or inner portal, does it matter??
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

i used the inner or main page one

Thanks, just so folks know..

I installed the drivers from the little cd they gave me and i am supposed to see a green icon in the tray but the icon is black and says IEE 802.11 wlan dont excist im lost i been reading and trying but i just dont understand what is wrong , i even put it in the computer and still get nother ,,,

Moderator at Work
    Can you do a scan in settings to see what networks are available for your extender?

Quote Originally Posted by 1932ford View Post
    asft,,,,,i dont understand what that has to do with setting up wifi on my mag 254,,,,,i have set my mag 254 everything is working fine im just truing to set up a wifi extender ....im not doing anything on the computer or my phone or a tablet ,,,just mag 254 and tv ,,so im confused ..
    Then what are you putting a cd in?

Quote Originally Posted by 1932ford View Post
    I installed the drivers from the little cd they gave me and i am supposed to see a green icon in the tray but the icon is black and says IEE 802.11 wlan dont excist im lost i been reading and trying but i just dont understand what is wrong , i even put it in the computer and still get nother ,,,
    If you are putting the cd into your pc and installing, then make sure the adapter is plugged into the pc too. If you're using it in the mag you don't need to use the cd. I would try it into the pc first though, because sometimes those little adapters can be bad and never work. I still like wired for my devices

Junoir Member

Antenna wifi for mag254

Quote Originally Posted by BIO View Post
    Then what are you putting a cd in?

If you are putting the cd into your pc and installing, then make sure the adapter is plugged into the pc too. If you're using it in the mag you don't need to use the cd. I would try it into the pc first though, because sometimes those little adapters can be bad and never work. I still like wired for my devices
    Hi, I have the same problem in mag254, i instal the cd driver in my laptop an the antenna wifi work fine but i conect to mag254 say no wifi adapter conect.
    The antenna wifi is ( usb 2.0 wireless 802.llN )

Junoir Member
    I think you're going about this in the wrong way. Running the install CD for the wifi adaptor in your windows computer is only necessary if you're going to be using the adaptor in the computer, which you're not. You're going to use it in the MAG 254. The wifi adaptor, when inserted in the MAG254, allows the box to communicate with your wireless router.

First check out this link to see if your wifi adaptor is supported by the MAG254: http://wiki.infomir.eu/doku.php/en:s...&do=export_pdf

If it is, insert it in your MAG254 in one of the rear USB ports. You'll have to figure out how to configure it through the Settings menu of the MAG254 using the remote control. Go to network and select wireless. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out. You'll have to know the name of your wifi network and the password.
    Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12